cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Re-determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does anyone have an idea how can i make an re-determination of a material in sales order?

Example:

I have this rule - Material A will be substitute to Material B - So when i create a sales order with Material A, it automatically substitute in material B, but i have another rule in access sequences more restricted than this one which says Material A will be substitute to Material C in plant 1234, if i had the plant 1234 in the moment of sales creation i know i wouldn't have a problem, but the problem in this client is that i only have the plant after saving de sales order, and in this scenario, in VA02 the system doesn´t make a new material determination...

Does anyone knows if i can manage this in standard? If not, does anyone knows the standard function to make the material determiation?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Lina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lina

There is no Standard function to meet your requirement. So create a new Sub-Routine and in this new Sub-Routine with the help of Technical Consultant give your requirements and ask him to write the sub-routine. Now assign the New sub-routine in the material determination access sequence Requirement option . So if this requirement is met then only the Material determination will work (as per your requirement)

Regards

Srinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the materials A and B are components, then this can be hanled easily....

Go to CS20, enter the material to be changed as A..

In the same screen, enter the replacing material as B...and give the required qty..

if u enter, then the system wil give all the header materials in which A has to be changed.. Select all of them....

and execute..

After this moment A will be substituted by B....in all your orders....

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That doesn´t work. What i need is to call the material determination function in transaction VA02.

Do you know the function?

Lina