cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO deletion in extended classic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing one problem and I request your valuable solution/suggestion to the below problem.

This is in SRM 4.0 version in Extended classic scenario.

Whenever PO is invoiced and user changes its account assignment in SRM, it goes into error in process.

The problem has been resolved by SAP , but concern is there are some PO which got stuck with Error in process basically its transmission error.

So all these list of workitems are there appearing in the users worklist. where the user does not want these list to appear in his/her worklist.

So anyone can suggest any possible workarround to delete these POs ( which means not the item deletion) the PO number should not appear in the system , or else can there be any solution that these workitem can be forwarded to any dummy user id.

if possible please suggest on my problem.

Appreciate your solution at the earliest.

Thanks in adavance !!!

Regards

SrujanK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here first of all once the Invoice has posted, you are not supposed to change the acct assignment data. Suppose if you want to change the account assignment in the PO then you need to cancel all the follow-on documents and then you need to change.

So, Please change the acc to assing to old once and then automatically the PO will come to normal order stage. Then cancel all the follow-on documents i.e like GRN and INvoice, then only the systme will allow you to delete the PO.

BR

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply, But this PO has not been transferred to SAP R/3 system after changing the acct assignment data. They basically got stuck in error in process so no need to cancel the GRN and Invoice. only wanted to delete the PO from SRM.

If so any procedure to delete the PO so that the document number will also not appear in SRM.

Or do u have nay idea that the workitem can be forwarded from the users worklist to the someother User id .

Regards

SrujanK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujan,

You can delete the PO's from the Process Purchase Order transaction (BBP_POC) by clicking on the PO's which resulted in 'Error in Transmision' in change mode. On deletion of the PO's from here the PO will no longer appear in the worklist of the purchaser but can again find them by searching in the Find section with the status ' Deleted' within a specified Timeframe or even with the PO number.

Best Regards

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirbhan,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you please tell me the step by step process to delete a PO in the BBP_POC transaction .

Regards

SrujanK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujan,

Steps to delete a PO in BBP_POC transaction:

1) Go to the Find Tab in the BBP_POC transaction

2) Search for all the PO's which resulted in status ' Transfer Failed'.

3) Select one and open the PO and click on change button which enables the delete button

4) Click on delete and the PO is removed from your worklist.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the PO which you want to delete.

Regards

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the PO is in error in process then the changes will not transmit to ECC. First of all you need to bring the order in to order state. then you for that you go to change log do reversal the all the changes back and after that check PO again. then cancel all the GRN and Invoice.

And one thing it is not recommended to delete the PO in SRM. Because here the follow on doc already creaded in the backend

Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i am not tried...Check with the function module BBP_PD_PO_DB_DELETE

IV_SAVE_ON_DB = 'X'

Thanks

prasad.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujan,

You can delete the PO's from the Process Purchase Order transaction (BBP_POC) by clicking on the PO's which resulted in 'Error in Transmision' in change mode. On deletion of the PO's from here the PO will no longer appear in the worklist of the purchaser but can again find them by searching in the Find section with the status ' Deleted' within a specified Timeframe or even with the PO number.

Best Regards

Anirban