cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService, how to show html response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m working on a WebService call and get an "invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML" error when calling the WebService.

But it could be usefull to see the actual response from the call because it could tell me something about the error. I know that i get the error when i i.ex. enters an invalid URL on the Comm. Channel, but it could also replies to other errors...

So do anyone know how to see the response?

/Jakob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> So do anyone know how to see the response?

If your web service is deployed on SAP WebAS, then you can test the same at this url

http://<host>:<port>/wsnavigator/

This gives a UI where you can see actual response from the web service.

In case you are talking about web service on a remote server then may be writing a client code using web service client frameworks like Apache AXIS would be a FREE of charge solution... :)...a bit time consuming process but.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I display the actual response from the web service using WS Navi?

I searched the steps but I didn't really find the information...

If anyone can let me know, it is great.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i could do that, but i´m calling the WebService from XI and therefore i need the response shown from inside the XI!

If i.ex. it´s the failure is beacuse of a firewall block from the XI server to the WebService Server, a test from XML Spy located in om PC would return ok. But i will still get the error in the XI call. That´s why i want the XI to show the html page!

And on the other hand: if XI is a tool to consume WebServices why should i then purcase a third product just to test my development?

/Jakob

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> why should i then purcase a third product just to test my development? - > you have a free download.

>>>> it´s the failure is beacuse of a firewall block from the XI server to the WebService Server, - > you sud confirm it with your network team also in some cases the Webservice might timeout to reply back with a message so a failure might occur.

The XML Spy method is what i use to confirm my response and request messages, i hope other forum gurus can suggest a better option.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test the webservice via an XML editor like XML Spy ...

Refer the blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1 for more details.

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar