cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assert condition violated Tree Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I´ve implemented two views, on the second view there is a tree element implemented. As long as I dont expand a node in the tree I can navigate between the second and the first one. When I expand a tree node and i navigate to the first view and then back to the second a short dump appears with the following mesage:

The ASSERT condition was violated.

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: DISPATCH_EVENT of program CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP

Method: IF_WDR_CLIENT~GET_CLIENT_UPDATES of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CP

Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_RUNTIME~EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

I´ve checked out st22 but i cant understand what the tree has to do with the assertion, in an other thread they said that the cardinality could be the reason, but i´ve tried out all cardinalities, it doesnt work.

Pleas help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Refer SAP Note Number: 1256744 for this problem.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

@alex

What do you mean with clear? Do you mean the invalidate method of a context node? I tried this, but it doesnt work, the debugger doesnt even reach the init-method of the second view, the short dump appears before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@arjun

i will try to implement the sap note.. and report if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think when you expand the tree node for that selected one there are no items.

Put a break point on the expand event of the tree and check for the error.

Are you using dynamic node.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i dont use dynamic nodes.. its hard coded... and all nodes are filled.. i do it by myself... i can expand all nodes thats not the problem.. the problem appears when i navigate back to the first view and then back to the one with the tree.. but only when i´ve previously done a change in the tree, e.g. expanding a node.. hard to describe hope it gets clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi volker,

try this:

after expanding the tree in view2 and before navigating to view1 clear all nodes of the tree an d make it empty, just as it is when it is loaded for the first time.

it is because once the tree is loaded it still remains with the values and you would have done some coding in the init of view2 which is getting initialized whenever it is passed from view1 to view2.. so the same values might be getting overridden.

---regards,

Alex b Justin