Did you mean: 

project & SO & MRP

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The problem:

A) Project is created.

B) SO is created, SO item is assigned to the project (=WBS is entered for the SO item)

MRP only plans for this if we run MD01

A) Project is created

B) SO is created, SO item is assigned to the project (=WBS is entered for the SO item)

C) Material (that is used for SO item) is assigned to the project's components list with qty 0

MRP plans for the SO if we run MD51

My question is: how can we assign a SO item properly to a project? Is it a must to assign the material to the project's component list as well? It would be desirable to use only SO.

How this kind of process works with projects?

Please help.

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 14, 2009 2:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You can go for Assembly processing in which while creating an Sales order,automatically a project is created so you don't need to link the project no with sales order again.

You can get detailed information on Assembly processing on help.sap.com

2.Otherwise you can create an Sales order and a project then u can enter the WBS No in the sales order account assignment tab and system will also propose the Milestones which are created in project.Then you can run MRP either at Plant level or project to trigger the production and procurement cycle.

Regards,

Muzamil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

generally you should either transfer material requirements

1. out of the sales order

2. out of the project

In case of scenario 1, the project is only used as a cost & revenue collector, but not for material requirements...this means your delivery is related to the sales order...

in case of scenario 2, you basically use the sales order a a order confirmation...but not for material requirements...the delivery can be issued out of the project....

In case you use the project and the sales order for material requirements, you might get double requirements...

Kind regards

Jan

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pratap and Jan,

Thanks for your contributions.

As I understand if I create a SO of which items are assigned to a project (WBS element) I should use MD50 to run MRP because the connection between the SO and projects exists only from financial (controlling) point of view.

But what about mvt 281 / 221?

I can create a SO for project components that won't make double requirements and after creating delivery and posting GI the OrdRes that comes from the project will be disappear.

But I do not know how this kind of SO is created and the idea behind this process. Can someone throw some light on it?

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Why are you assigning the materials to the project with 0 qty? Are you working on MTO scenario?

regards

Pratap

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your answers.

1. I do not want to create project from the SO, since the project already exists when I want to create the SO. Other thing is that several SOs should be created with reference to the same project.

2. I already enetered the WBS for the SO item still MD51 doesn't work only if I create a component with same material number for the project with 0 qty. Of course, I do not want to create component with 0 quantity, but otherwise MD51 won't work.

3. In MDUP I get error message 61428

4. We want to deliver goods to customer and that's why we create SO assigned to WBS.

To tell the truth I do not understand for which purpose we use the project's components list and for which purpose we use the SO assigned to the project.

Could you help please?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 14, 2009 4:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

You must have a material bom and the MRP must be run on the sales order using MD50 (for sales order). MD51 should not be used here as it is for MRP oon projects. There should not be any need to add material to projects. You try out this. I am sure this will work.

regards

Pratap

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to assign sales order materials to project...then use MDUP(Assign Sales order material to WBS)