cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in the table changes when multiple users try to submit data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a dynamic table. The table is created in the wdDoModifyView. The user can load data into the table from an excel file. So I have a "Load" button that loads the data from the selected excel file to the table. I also have a "Submit" button. This "Submit" button converts the data to an xml file and make a call to an oracle stored procedure for validation check. If there's an error it will be returned and displayed to the user. If none, a summary of data for posting will be displayed to the user. If the data is correct and the user hit the ok button, the same data will be return to oracle sp for loading in the table.

The problem we encountered is when multiple users are loading and submitting at the same time, the data displayed in the dynamic tables changes after clicking the ok button. It is as if, the table displays the data being loaded by other user.

This is an error that is difficult to recreate. This doesn't happen all the time. I hope you somebody could enlighten me why this is happening. I'm not sure if it has something to do with multithreading or session.

Edited by: Marlyn Agco on Apr 14, 2009 3:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Such nice effects can happen if you follow the advice of some people here in SDN to store view instances in static references and access them from outside wdDoModifyView().

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Did you mean storing view instances in static references and accessing them outside the wdDoModifyView is not a good idea? In wdDoInit the nodes are dynamically created according to the xml file being returned by the database. This node is stored in a static variable which is also used in wdDoModifyView to create the dynamic table.

What do you suggest? We're still encountering same issue when multiple users are uploading data.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Lene,

It is totally wrong to store data in a static variable as it is created only once. It doesnt depend on the number of users using the application. It will hold the data for lastly submitted user.

Instead of storing data in static variable store in the context node itself.

use wdThis.wdGetContext().node<Node Name>() method to access the created node.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marlyn,

I also have a requirement to load data from an Excel file into the webdynpro table constructed dynamically in the wdDoModifyView() method....please help me in accomplishing the same...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Anil