cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset - Capitalized Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have uploaded TB as on 20th Nov 08. Now we would like to upload asset masters and giving captilized date as 20/11/2008. When I go to AS91 to create assets, the asset block is in display mode. If I change the capitalized date to 31/03/2008, the asset block in AS91 will come in change mode. What might be the possible cause and how can I bring the asset block to change mode in AS91 taking 20/11/2008.

Thanks

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read the following which is posted by you

I need to give capitalized date as at 01.10.2008 and bring the asset blcok to change mode so that I can upload the accumulated depreciation from April 08 till September and then do AFAB for subsequent months.

1. AS91 is for legessy data upload in this cap.date should be the on or before transferdate. in your case transfer date is 30.09.08 but your asset cap.date is 01.10.2008. It is not possible through AS91.

2. If you want to create asset with cap.date 01.10.2008, go to as01 create the asset and post the acquisition through f-90.

If you want to post the deprecation from 01.04.08, put the dep.start date 01.04.08 in the asset. system will calculate depreciation from the same date.

My doubt: why you are createing the asset through as91.

assing points if it is useful

regards,

Gopi.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. AS91 is for legessy data upload in this cap.date should be the on or before transferdate. in your case transfer date is 30.09.08 but your asset cap.date is 01.10.2008. It is not possible through AS91.

I have changed the dates again in transfer date in SPRO as 31.10.2008 and creating asset in AS91 taking capitalized date as 30.10.2008, even then system is not showing the asset blocks in change mode. If I take 31.03.2009 as the transfer date in SPRO, then yes, AS91, with 30.09.2008 is coming in change mode. What would be the impact of taking a future date as transfer date? And why I am not able to create AS91 with asset blocks in change mode when I take 31.10.2008 in the asset transfer date.

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the What is your Asset Take over date. Based on the take over date only system will allow to create the asset data.

PATH: SPROF.AAAAsset Data TransferParameters for Data Transfer--Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year.

Please check and let me know.

points assign if it is helpful

regards,

Gopi.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

I have given transfer date as 30.09.2008 and in AS91 I have given capitalized date as 30.09.2008, system creates the asset but when I go to takeover values, asset blocks are in hide/gray mode. I need them in change mode to upload the values.

Hope it is clear now.

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

Capitalized date is Nov 20th, 2008 and the transfer date is today, meaning the captialized date is before the transfer date.

Thanks

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha -

TB is already uploaded with asset balances as at 30th Sept 08. There is no master data available in SAP as yet. In OAAQ, the closed fiscal year is 2007. When I go to create an asset in AS91, the asset block remains gray except the last two. If I give captialized date as at or before 31.03.2008, then I get all asset blocks in change mode. If I take asset captialized date on or after 1.04.2008, then the asset blocks remain in gray. How can this be solved. I checked all settings in SPRO, and it all perfect. I need to give capitalized date as at 01.10.2008 and bring the asset blcok to change mode so that I can upload the accumulated depreciation from April 08 till September and then do AFAB for subsequent months.

Thanks

Sanjay Durg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

how can i gave the replay i am anable to see my last answers based on my answers which i provided to u in earlier and based on u r present quarries u can give the answer but u r acting so smart..........

where is my answers in this thread......

Regards

radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Radha

Check your emails. I have replied every answer of yours. You should be careful enough to make smart comments.

Thanks

Sanjay