Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client XXX has status 'not modifiable'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I execute a transaction say 'ZXX' in the Dev System ,client XXX i am getting message as "Client XXX has status 'not modifiable'",But when I execute other transaction say 'ZYY' in the same system,same client,its working fine.When I check SE93 by giving those transactions,the default values for transaction shown is SE30.May I know the reason behind this.

Thanks & regards,

Gopi L.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

First are both these transactions related to table maintenance.

If so, check the client settings in SCC4 for cross client and customizing tables.

If Zyy does not update a cross client or customizing table then there should not be a problem. Zxx might be affecting one of those tables.

Regards,

Subbu

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the original transaction for your Z* paramater transaction is SM30 instead of SE30 (I can't find any of those in my system) I'd say the ZXX transaction is trying to modify a customizing table and ZYY is made to modify masterdata tables.

If you search the forums or SAPhelp for "delivery class" you'll get some info.

If you post the table entries from table TSTCP for both Z* transactions maybe we can see what's happening.

0 Kudos

Hi it is SM30 only, Both the transaction are accessing only the table SM30 but the assigned package is diiferent for both Tcodes.The transaction ZXX is change transaction.Is it possible to execute a change Transaction when the client is not open.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi L.

0 Kudos

> Is it possible to execute a change Transaction when the client is not open.

Obviously not. The error message you get comes from a combination of two factors:

1- The table you are adressing is of a delivery class that can not be modified with your current client settings

2- The parameter transaction is forcing SM30 in change mode.

To resolve this issue you'll need to change the delivery class of the table, if it must be changeable in this client. Best talk to your basis guys for that.

0 Kudos

Hi the table associated with ZXX transaction has the Delivery class as C (Customizing table),but the table associated with Tcode ZYYhas Delivery class as A (Application table).Can I conclude that Tcode which has the table with delivery class as C needs client opening and Tcode which has table with delivery class as A doesn't need client opening.

Thanks & Regards.

Gopi L.

0 Kudos

> Can I conclude that Tcode which has the table with delivery class as C needs client opening and Tcode which has table with delivery class as A doesn't need client opening.

This is indeed correct.

0 Kudos

Hi could you please explain me on this further

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi L.

0 Kudos

> Hi could you please explain me on this further

Not really. This is both basis and basic knowledge. [SAPhelp|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/45860774b711d2959700a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm] has plenty information on the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Z* table which has delivery class C, and also settings in SCC4, 'Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects', is 'No changes allowed'. But it is possible to maintain entry in SM30. I am confused now. Is there here any misunderstanding?