cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

can any one tell me what is the difference between the finance structure and HR structure ?

if the finance structure is in place, can we use the same as the OM structure for othre application? (like e-recruitment)

what will be the challanges and solution for that?

thanks in advance for help.

regards

chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra,

Financial organizational structure aims to group the company based on financial/cost point of view (e.g. if you wanna have separate balance sheet for two of your groupings, then you need to define them as two separate company codes in FI).

However, financial grouping may not be enough for HR.

Although physical location does not make sense from FI point of view, it may be important to group personnel according to their physical locations (e.g. work schedules may be differing).

Thus, in general, HR organizational structure turns out to be more detailed compared to FI structure.

However, if you don't want that much detail, there is nothing that keeps you away from using the same org structure as FI.

Best regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dilek,

thanks very much for your reply.

if i am not wrong, in finance structure all the position are attached with cost center instead of the organization units.

then how the reporting will take place?

thanks

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I understood from FI structure was company codes / controlling areas / business areas.

If you're referring to cost center hierarchy, you need to create the organizational structure in PPOME transaction. What you can do is create org units in line with cost centers.

Regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dilek,

suppose in one org. unit the positions (i.e manager, assistant etc) are attached with the different cost center rather then master cost center. does it create problem ?

if the finance driven structure is alreday in place, all the positions are attached with cost centers.

what are the mainn things i need to do it, if i want to use the structure for another application like e-recruitment ?

do i need to create the entire OM structure using PPOME ?

or

i can do some modification into existing structure and use it?

thanks

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Positions under an org unit can be attached to different cost centers via A011 relationship. there is nothing wrong with it. For any other application (like e-recruiting) I don't thing you need to develop an additional structure in PPOME, if you already have one.

Regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dilek,

thanks very much for clarification.

i have awarded points for your quick help. i am keeping this thread open if i need any more inputs on the same.

have a nice day.

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can some one explain me the job index and task catalog ?

how we can configure them into system ?

thanks in advance for your help.

regards

chandra