cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto resize of form fields does not work as supposed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Back in the good old (?) days of compiling as Flash (as opposed to Flex 2) input fields in a form component could be made to streeeeeeetch automatically to fit the varying width of a model. If one chose "Fit contents = Fit width" for both the iview, and the specific form in the iview, then the fields in the form would resize to fit the width of the loaded window (which of course varies depending on screen resolution and window size).

Now we have upgraded to SPS 18 and I no longer am able to deploy as Flash (it fails at runtime) so I am left with Flex 2 (which is not a bad thing besides this one issue).

I have tried all possible settings for my iview and form layouts, but nothing works as it did with Flash. I simply cannot get the fields to resize.

Can anyone help?

Henning Strand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henning,

I have posted a similar problem we are having with our dashboard. See below.

Let me know if you have found a solution to this problem.

[Dynamic Chart Size as per screen resolution|]

regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just received this from SAP:

17.04.2009 - 09:20:53 CET - Reply by SAP

Hi Henning

Thanks for contacting SAP and providing with most of the details required to analyze the issue.

As per note 1235408,this is a known issue with Flex2.

Visual Composer UI elements are displayed relative to the browser size and not relative to each other.

Solution: None; there is no relative layout available for the Flex 2 runtime.

Workaround: Choose the "Actual size" option in the "Fit contents" list in the Configure task panel of the UI elements.

Please refer to the note for workaround on the issue.

See mentioned note if this also applies to your problem.

Henning