cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default control-key for order operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My requirement is: in the order operation tab I want control key to be defaulted (say PM09) and user would be not allowed to change it.

For this I have created PM09 as control key in Work Center default values tab, but my second requirement to disallow user to change it is not working!

Is there is any specific setting, pls tell me how to do it.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to CR02 ---Default Tab --enter ur control key the then active tick mark in RefID then no one can change the control key unless it change in work center.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

Thanks for your input, I had tried this but it is working for tasklist only; means only for the task list the user is not allowed to change the control-key.

BUT my requirement is:

1. In the operation tab of Maintenance Order the control key is to be defaulted respective of a particular Workcenter. (This I have done successfully, For ABCD work center control key is PM09)

2. The user should not allowed to change the Control key (PM09). If he wants to change it he has to change the workcenter.

Hope now requirement is clear.

Please input your comments, for me those comments are very valuable.

Regards,

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply guys!

But without basis can it be done...

In Work center default values tab RefID indicator is there, is it used only with tasklists..or....

Pls privide your inputs..

Regards,

GS

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the control key PM09 i assume its for plant maintenance order operation.

For the first case ,what u have done is right thing by putting reference indicator,so that automatically it is copied to task list and then from there to order.

For the second case,go to OIOPL transaction(spro setting),select influencing field as Control key,put PM09 and make/tick radio button for display control key.

Hope it will solve ur problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem by doing this (tick radio button for display control key) is the control key column in Opperation Tab is grayed-out, that too irrespective of workcenter.

My requirement is:

1. Whenever I am selecting a particular Work-center, I need a default Control-key (say PM09) to be assigned to the operations.

2. The user should not be able to change the control-key from operations row.

Is this possible please input your comments.

Regards,

GS

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I think it is not possible.You can go ahead with option of having control in work center i.e ref id with default control key and making the control key field as a display in maintenance orders.make it is applicable to all workcenters and task lists.

If for some operation,user wants to change the control key,then change in worcenter and again read the master data in Maintenance order.

Or you can wait for Some suggestion from SAP GURUS

Edited by: Girish Adaviswamy on Apr 17, 2009 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

PM gurus,

Please find my requirement and input your possible solutions!

Requirement: My Client is having some contract workers for some jobs like cleaning and fixing small issues and are paid via service entry sheet. Now how we can map these workers?

For this I made one workcenter (say 100MC) and in default values tab I assigned Control Key (say PM09, with settings confirmation possible but not necessary and indicators, Scheduling, Det. Cap. Req. & Print checked).

As this control key is marked default in WC it will be copied in order operation but problem is it can be changed irrespective of workcenter.

I want it to be defaulted and to be unchanged. If control is to be changed user has to change workcenter.

I am open for any solution via authorization objects or via user exit.

Thanks in anticipation,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can do this with transaction variant through SHD0 you can gary out the feild or make it only for display. Please take help from technical consultant.

Hope it will solve your issue.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thanks for the reply,

Can we do it with respect to workcenter OR for all the orders it'll affect. For me I need it for a particular workcenter the control key to be not allowed for change.

To be frank, actually client was saying that when he ticked the RefID in workcenter Default-Values for the Control-key, it worked means in order-operation he was not allowed to change Control-key (!!strange!!)........but recently client had implemented Service Pack and not it was not working.

For this I replied him that it'll only work for tasklist not for order operation. Now client wants that functionality.......

Regards

Ganesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

By transaction variant through SHD0 is relevent to T.Code so if you make it fixed value then no one can change the control key same for work center. Make both the field as fixed vaule then user can not change the work center and control key. If you want for one then do the setting of transaction variant accordingly.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

OK I'll check and let you know....

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thanks for the help closing this issue; the client is not going for this solution.

Reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this with the help of Basis consultant by controlling user specific authorizations.

Thanks

Vinay

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Put authorization on field with the help of Security & technical guy.

Regards,

Keerthi.

0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to restrict the user , work with your basis team to restrict authorization. and the defaulting is done by you is correct.

Thanks

Ankaiah