cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATW: Can't swith to next/previous week: changed data will be lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

In CATW, when clicking on Previous or Next button without saving, we get the message: "Changed data will be lost". Even if we confirm this by clicking on "OK", the screen does not change and we remain on the first input.

Does anyone know what is wrong? I already tried to look for a note without any result.

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at the note 311160

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, but the note is not relevant for us (I forgot to mention we're working with an ECC6.0), and the problem description is not the same. In the note, the users can scroll over periods, whereas our issue is that user cannot scroll without saving data first.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

apologies for the confusion.

May I please ask you why are you using EWT CATW if you are on ECC 6. You should be using Record Working Time service delivered in webdynpro.

please confirm if the CATW transaction in ERP is wokring fine in terms of next and perv buttons functionality.

Can you please confirm the value for parameter FRAMESET_OFF is 0 in ITS service for CATW.

Also confirm the other parameters if above doesn't work.

thank you

Edited by: Barin Desai on Apr 20, 2009 10:21 PM

Edited by: Barin Desai on Apr 20, 2009 10:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

We are also using a validation through WebDynpro for the users who has SAP portal implemented: this works well.

However, we didn't want to set-up the portal adminstration ONLY for time reporting (a certain group of users). For those users, they still use ITS.

CATW is not working in terms of navigation: if you enter data, then try to use "previous" or "next" without saving, the system asks you to confirm you will loose the data, but even by clicking OK, the screen remains in the current week.

To make it work, we have either to save or delete the data, then use "previous/next".

What's the purpose of parameter FRAMESET_OFF?

Here are he current CATW settings:

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 1

~THEME 99

~TRANSACTION CATW

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

~SINGLETRANSACTION 1

Thanks!

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

FRAMESET_OFF is one of the parameters used in CATW. This application had lot of frames on the screen on ITS.

1. I suggest please put FRAMESET_OFF as 0 and check this will solve the button issue.

2. I am unsure if CATW will work in ITS with respect to functionality.

Does the pernr and other fields show values in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thanks for the input, but the result is the same.

Yes personal number is populated. It's not a matter of data retrieval, but only a "bug" when you tru to change of week without saving.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you put frameset_off to 0 without ~ please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both --> no change.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to make few other changes too in the parameters...

can you please use following parameters for CATW service in ITS.

FRAMESET_OFF 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TIMEOUT 5

~TRANSACTION CATW

This has worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still the same result...

Thanks anyway.

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

We had a similar issue with CATW timesheet in ECC 6.0. This thread was very useful in getting the solution for our issue. As a novice to ITS application we stuggled a lot tyring to get our exisitng CATW application in 4.7 to work as an Integrated ITS application.

We experimented with different parameters both on the service (SE80) and configuration parameters in SICF. Our current understanding is that the parameter value maintained in SICF overrides that in SE80.

We have the following parameters in SE80 for CATW service:

~SINGLETRANSACTION 1

~THEME 99

~WEBGUI 1

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR 1

We have the following parameters in SICF for CATW service:

~WEBGUI 1

~THEME 99

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR 32

~SINGLETRANSACTION 1

~TRANSACTION CATW

With this the old CATW screens are working. I understand ~THEME 99 (Do not use sl) will allow to get the old CATW screens.

One more thing we did is that we synchronized all the templates and mime objects in ECC 6.0 with 4.7. Except for screen 4000 rest of the templates are in sync. This screen is missing in ECC 6.0

We activated the SAP ICons, Mimes services in SICF as well.

With this the old CATW ITS application is working fine as an Integrated ITS application.

If we set the value of ~TRANSACTION CAT2 we get the new CAT2 screens with missing icons. However we would like to stick to older ITS application look and feel so we are not bothering about this any more.

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on our own through a standard modification, as ITS is not supported anymore.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that ITS 6.20 and integrated ITS is still supported by SAP.