cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 Sync and Purge Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently using RAR 5.3 and have come across several functions of which i cannot determine its' purpose due to indifferent test results and lack of documented information.

I am trying to understand the purpose of the following 3 functions listed within the configuration tab of RAR 5.3:

1) Backend Sync > Mitigation Sync

2) Backend Sync > Rule Sync

3) Purge Action Usage

For items 1 & 2, the drop down box does not enlist any destination system for me. Are these functions meant for cross system environments? This is a single-system environment i am in. As it says, that it's a backend sync, is this another form of batch risk analysis?

For items 3, have attempted to purge action usage but did not see any differences taking place. Where are the files being purged for this function.

Would appreciate any information at all on the above, thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Edwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

For 1 and 2, these functionalities do not have any major significance as they were supposed to be used with MIC. You will not require to use them with RAR now . You will find some information on these in the AC 5.3 Configuration Guide on SMP though.

For purge action usage, purged data is stored in the File location mentioned in Configuration --> Miscellaneous --> Alert Log File name and Location.

Hope this information helps

Harleen

GRC RIG APJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edwin,

As Harleen mentioned, item (1) and (2) are mainly not being used. Item (3) will not show you any difference but it will archive the action usage data so that your file system frees up.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)