cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report 2008 and html export.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I have an issue when using the export option in crystal report 2008. One of my colleagues have built an .net application used to view, export/save the report in a number of ways. I'm currently returning a html stream from my reports. I have tried the html32 and html40 export option, when I check the html code in .net the code isn't valid. Some tags are uppercase and the code just can't validate. I have also noticed the layout created in crystal isn't followed as it should. For an example the <HTML> should be <html> same with the body, title and first div tag. The <style> is missing its type attribue. And style tag is faulty positioned should be inside the head tag but it's not. There is also a style tag in the middle of the html code this too is faulty html.

the <BODY BGCOLOR="FFFFFF" LEFTMARGIN=31 TOPMARGIN=31> is all wrong. Is the old html standard, and is not used anymore.

The tag formatting with start and stop tags is also wrong if you take a look at the end you will find

</TR></TABLE></CENTER> these tags shouldn't even be in the report, they donu2019t have any starting tags in the beginning of the html code. Is this faulty export behaviour known? When will it be solved? My entiere solution depend on retrieving a valid html code from crystal report 2008.

Edited by: Rickard Karlmats on Apr 14, 2009 10:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Before you do that though does this work when exporting within CR Designer? If not then re-post your question here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify my question i have tried to simplify it.

I have created a report in Crystal Report 2008. The report contains several detail fields. And in some fields several text objects. From the export to html from crystal report I have noticed that one detail field is considered as 100% ()
And since I have two objects they are given half of this ½. The only problem is that the report I have created demands a more static layout. I have tried to lock the fields but this doesnu2019t seem to affect the result. I have also noticed some not valid html syntax in the result. Some tags that doesnu2019t have any start tag only stop. Some tags are written in uppercase this isnu2019t valid html. But for the moment my biggest concern is the size of the text objects inside the detail field.

Iu2019ll type an illustrative result.
I have a report with three detail fields the first just holds one text object, same with the last one. And the middle holds two text objects.

This will result in a table structure like the one below.

Data

The information from the first text object

Second text object, this will be assigned 100% of the total = 50% of the
total width

Third text object, this field will be assigned 100% = 50% of the total width

The information from the forth text object

This is not the result iu2019m looking for. I would like the second text object to have a total width of 30% and the third text object to have the remaining 70%. How can I accomplish this?

Edited by: Rickard Karlmats on Apr 15, 2009 8:24 AM