Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal report 2008 and html export.

Hello! I have an issue when using the export option in crystal report 2008. One of my colleagues have built an .net application used to view, export/save the report in a number of ways. I'm currently returning a html stream from my reports. I have tried the html32 and html40 export option, when I check the html code in .net the code isn't valid. Some tags are uppercase and the code just can't validate. I have also noticed the layout created in crystal isn't followed as it should. For an example the <HTML> should be <html> same with the body, title and first div tag. The <style> is missing its type attribue. And style tag is faulty positioned should be inside the head tag but it's not. There is also a style tag in the middle of the html code this too is faulty html.

the <BODY BGCOLOR="FFFFFF" LEFTMARGIN=31 TOPMARGIN=31> is all wrong. Is the old html standard, and is not used anymore.

The tag formatting with start and stop tags is also wrong if you take a look at the end you will find

</TR></TABLE></CENTER> these tags shouldn't even be in the report, they donu2019t have any starting tags in the beginning of the html code. Is this faulty export behaviour known? When will it be solved? My entiere solution depend on retrieving a valid html code from crystal report 2008.

Edited by: Rickard Karlmats on Apr 14, 2009 10:42 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question