Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Location Correpondence With More than One Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I need your expert opinion on this one issue. The scenario is as below:

We have created different plants for different networking domains for a telecom service provider for example:

SN01 Corresponds to the Switching domain.

TN01 Corresponds to the Transmission domain.

Now There are many such functional locations which have even the switching equipments installed at them and also transmission equipment installed. The Switching Functional Locations were created at first and all the corresponding switching equipments installed.

Now for the transmission region when i try to create the same functional location, i get an error that the Functional Location Already exists which means that it has its maintenance plant as SN01 whereas for the transmission equipments to be installed at this location it should have the maintenance plant TN01 so it does not allow me to install transmission equipments there. What should I do in such a case ?

Can a functional location be associated with different maintenance plants?

Regards,

Muhammad Usman Kahoot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We always define Functional location and Equipment on client level not on plant level so it is not possible to define same equipment and functional location under different plant for same client

seran_k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Functional locations are created at client level. You cannot create same FLoc again in the same client. The FLoc names are stored with internal numbers. Therefore it is not possible to replicate.

You may try alternate naming but it is cumbersome.

Guess you may revisit your strategy on naming convention.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I get it, have to add some parameter to the Functional Location Naming Clature to make it unique. Including the Plant wud be a good idea in the Functional Location Naming Clature.

Thanx All for your quality advice. It is much appreciated.

Regards,

Muhammad Usman Kahoot

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Usman,

Sometimes we may require to transfer the functional location from one plant another. So keeping this requirement in mind it is not possible to have same functional location in different plants.

I suggest you to start all functional location with their plant code so that all functional locations will differ automatically & further nomenclature keep same as you are using now.

eg. your old functional location is IBR-124-21 & plant code is SN01. then you can make it as SN01-IBR-124-21.

Sundar

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Cannot Have same function Location for Two Plants.

Fun Loc is Way of structuring Complex Technical objects (Equipments) , You Need to Define FUnct Loc of Different Name for Transmission & Signal Plant .

Usefulness of Fun loc is you can easily find Corresponding equipments in Order ,Notification.

I better Suggest You To Maintain One Plant , Use two Function Location of Transmission & Signal Domain , & Install Equipments Below respectively.

You Get Cost Track of this Also easily.

Regards

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot create same functional location for two plants.

Maintain different functional location for SN01 and TN01... and then install equipments

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functional Location is plant dependent. So better define your structure such that it is unique for a plant. You can define your functional location name as a generic name rather than specific name and it can have two or more different equipments. Classify your equipments accrodingly and assign to your FL.

Regards,

Rajesh