cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager diagnostics

0 Kudos

Hello collegues,

I am trying to configure SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics (SMD)

=> SMD software installed

=> SMD agent installed on J2EE instance (Portal)

=> Intrascope agent installed on J2EE instance (Portal)

Problem

-

If I go to SMD => Agent administration => Agent Candidated management => SLD View

I see the SMD agent of the J2EE instance, but the status is:

"This agent is not associated to any managing system"

I also see no data in column "Managing system" and "Agent acknowledge".

I googled quite some time but no results yet.

Who can help me ?

thank you

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jesus_torres2
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are facing exactly the same issue in our environment. We were before at SolMan 7.00 SPS 17 and then same thing with Solman 7.01 SPS 04 (this is Solman SPS 21)

Strange thing is, we installed the SMD agent in all of our Unix and Windows Java-based systems and it works fine for all the Unix ones. However, the "access denied" issue is happening in our Windows only!! Even if we use the same smd_admin user to reach SolMan.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps the SLD Cim content needs updating to be able to recognize the diagnostics agent version 7.11.

I'm bumping into a similar issue that my agent is staying in status "waiting for registration" in the agent candidates admnistration.

I'm going to update the SLD content to check if it's related.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Updating the SLD CIM content didn't help out.

Running the smdsetup.sh script and settings the user/passes for the securestore / sld and setting the servername again did help out.

Stop/start the agent once this is done.

Agent is now registering in agent administration.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: I had a similar issue within my SolMan 7.1 (stack 😎 configuration.  I had an SMD Agent that wouldn't come online.  This Agent happened to come over to this Managed host via a full system copy, resulting in a new system ID.

The SMD Agent’s data from the source system came over as well.  I was getting error "Exception: javax.naming.NoPermissionException: No authentication method defined" as displayed in SMD Agent Administration, primary tab Agents, sub-tab Non-authenticated Agents.

I then found helpful info in log file /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.0.log.  The messages were "Failed to connect to SMD server - null" and "Connecting to SMD server p4://<FQDN of Managing Solution Mgr host>:53504 failed".  Using comments from your postings above, I decided to confirm that there were no issues with user SMD_ADMIN.  Below are the steps I followed to resolve the offline Agent.

1)      confirmed I could log into the Managing Solution Mgr as SMD_ADMIN.

2)      as daaadm, stopped the SMD Agent: /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/exe/stopsap SMDA98

3)      as root, stopped saposcol: /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol –k

4)      as root, stopped saphostexec: /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec –stop

5)      as daaadm, /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/script/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<FQDN of Managing Solution Mgr host" port:"53504"

6)      as daaadm, /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/script/smdsetup.sh secstorej2ee user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"<password>"

7)      as daaadm, restarted SMD Agent: /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/exe/startsap SMDA98, which also starts saposcol and saphostexec

😎      back in Agent Administration, since after a few minutes of refreshes and the Agent not coming online and seeing new message “Wrong security principle/credentials” in log file SMDSystem.0.log, I used the “push credentials” option on the sub-tab “Non-authenticated Agents”.  I then watched the Agent go from red, gray, yellow and then finally green.

Summary: I’m convinced that the source of this issue was due to the nature of the system copy; the host and credentials got skewed as a result.

Jim Cleek

HP Enterprise Services, SAP Basis Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: the "End-to-End Diagnostics: Diagnostics agent troubleshooting" guide was very helpful with the smdsetup commands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please wait for a few minutes and come back later a few minutes and the check will turn green.

Initially when you run the diagnostics system setup wizzard, all steps complete green except for step SMD Upgrade which is red. Then please wait for some time as the upgrade is still running and after some time check for the setup results. Then all the checks should have changed green.

Else run the Diagnostics systems-> upgrader and re run the setup. Wait for some time and check in the setup results. All checks should have changed green.

Manmath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have the same problem, and I've created a call to SAP, but this is not answared today...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

faced the same problem, as I sow following message in my server log when trying to register the agent

Nov 27, 2009 11:55:21 AM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Error Failed to connect to SMD server - user: XXXXXX

Nov 27, 2009 11:55:21 AM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Error Connecting to SMD server ms://cmgsap14:8101/P4 failed - com.sap.smd.api.AccessDeniedException: Access denied - SMD Agent connection requires some Security Roles: administrators, SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

I have added SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role to the user (XXXXXX) I use to logon to the solution manager and assign the agent (not the one who I mention in the Agent Connection Management doing so). You can find this name in the SMDSystem.5.log file.

After this the agent get registered successfully

jkmaeda711
Participant
0 Kudos

Do somebody solve the problem? Was the message replied by SAP?

I have a similar problem when I execute the Setup Wizard of the Managed System to Diagnostics.

The error:

Nov 27, 2009 4:13:40 PM [Thread[Thread-670,5,main]] Error [Setup]Connection to P4 port of managed system failed

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4ConnectionException: Connection error to SAP System sid [NW7/00], more details about the error in agent 'bbkotst02' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

bbkotst02:8101 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.0.12 and port: 8101

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.prepareP4Exception(P4ConnectionService.java:131)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:93)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.getP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:57)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SetupManager.newP4ctx(SetupManager.java:120)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:125)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:86)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

bbkotst02:8101 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.0.12 and port: 8101

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getNextAvailableBroker(Destination.java:57)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getRemoteBroker(Destination.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:340)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugin.connectors.p4.P4ConnectionService.establishP4Connection(P4ConnectionService.java:72)

... 9 more

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jacques.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I faced the same problem while performing SMD setup for one of the java instances.

Please check user smd_admin has SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role or not

Still you face the problem please try reinstall the SMD aget on satelitte system host.

I solved this problem by reinstalling the SMD agent

Hope this helps

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please wait for a few minutes and come back later a few minutes and the check will turn green.

Initially when you run the diagnostics system setup wizzard, all steps complete green except for step SMD Upgrade which is red. Then please wait for some time as the upgrade is still running and after some time check for the setup results. Then all the checks should have changed green.

Else run the Diagnostics systems-> upgrader and re run the setup. Wait for some time and check in the setup results. All checks should have changed green.

Manmath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Any ideas on how this issue can be resolved?

I'm running into the same problem.....

If I find anything I'll let you know.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

SAP OSS replied they suggest to review point 3 of SAP Note.

This did not solve our issue.

maybe something for you

good luck

bye

hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

What note is that?

I don't see a number

0 Kudos

oops

Note 1144737

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck for me either.

This is what happens:

SAP Solution Manager - Diagnostics Agent - Copyright (c) 2008 SAP AG

-

VM Properties -

OS Version : 5.2

OS Architecture : x86

OS data model : 32

Java Vendor : Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Home : E:\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_19\jre

Java Version : 1.4.2_19

Java Classpath : .;lib\launcher\smdagentlauncher.jar;lib\sapxmlto

olkit.jar;lib\smdagent.jar;lib\tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;lib\iaik_jce_export.jar;lib

\smdserver.jar;lib\logging.jar;lib\exception.jar;lib\sldclient.jar;lib\sldserv.j

ar;lib\jARM.jar;lib\httpclient.jar;lib\sapj2eeclient.jar;

Java Runtime version : 1.4.2_19-b04

Java Specfic. version : 1.4

File Encoding : Cp1252

HTTP Proxy : null

HTTP Proxy port : null

HTTP non Proxy hosts : null

smd class version: : 7.0014.20080306115143.0000

-

Check Prerequisites:

parameter 'hostname:' ignored

parameter 'user:' ignored

parameter 'javahome=' ignored

OK.

[-] Diagnostics agent maintenance setup starting ...

-

Execute the action 'sldconf' to update the sld configuration for agent registrat

ion in SLD.

Error occurs during the task execution.

Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SAPInst parameter 'hostname' is empty.

at com.sap.smd.setup.SetupTask.getParameter(SetupTask.java:172)

at com.sap.smd.setup.SetupMaintenance.executeSLDConfUpdate(SetupMaintena

nce.java:586)

at com.sap.smd.setup.SetupMaintenance.executeTasks(SetupMaintenance.java

:186)

at com.sap.smd.setup.SetupMaintenance.main(SetupMaintenance.java:57)

E:\usr\sap\SMD\J98\script>

Have posten a message with OSS too.

Will keep you updated.

Regards,

David Kroone

Former Member
0 Kudos

After running smdsetup sldconf & smdsetup managingconf I get a bit closer:

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:02 PM [Thread[main,5,main]] Info

Starting SMDAgent ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:02 PM [Thread[main,5,main]] Info Establishing connection to server 'p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:07 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no credentials found.

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:07 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004] Waiting for connection ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:07 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004] Checking server availability...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SLD-Registration,1,main]] Info [SLDReg] Next try to push instance data in SLD is Wed Apr 29 01:20:11 CEST 2009

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004] Authentication in progress ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004] Connection established .

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004] Registering agent on server ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Reading JStartup environment...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info 'SAPLOCALHOST' found, The value 'PRFS0075' will be used to determine the Agent name.

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info InetAddress Resolving for 'PRFS0075' - FQN: PRFS0075 SQN: PRFS0075 IP:

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info InetAddress Resolving for localhost - FQN: PRFS0075 SQN: PRFS0075 IP:

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:11 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Agent handle : PRFS0075_SMD_J98/PRFS0075 created.

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Error Received SMD Access denied exception

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smd.api.AccessDeniedException: Access denied - SMD Agent connection requires some Security Roles: administrators, SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.checkAuthorization(SMDServerHandle.java:592)

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.registerAgent(SMDServerHandle.java:131)

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandlep4_Skel.dispatch(SMDServerHandlep4_Skel.java:196)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Fatal Connecting to SMD server p4://prfs0075.domain.org:50004 failed :

Access denied - SMD Agent connection requires some Security Roles: administrators, SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [SMDConnector.reset] in progress ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Stopping Applications ...

Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [SMDConnector.reset] Done.

Edited by: David Kroone on Apr 28, 2009 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ip adresses are removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got resolved all of the hostname messages, but I'm still getting the error regarding the roles of the diagnostics user. Did you resolve this, by chance?

0 Kudos

Hi,

not yet, no feedback from SAP.

I'm upgrading SOL to SP19 hopinh this will solve the issue.

If so, I will update this topic.

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

For what it's worth, I'm at 19 and still have the issue. I also just updated LM-Tools to the newest patch with no luck. I'll update if I find a solution as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I somehow resolved this issue.

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what I did....

I think it's a combination of running the smdsetup.bat (on windows) in the ../scripts dir and agent administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has been in my system for a couple of hours, and are working pretty diligently. One thing we noticed, is that in the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role (on the ABAP side), there are no authorizations. I looked on a couple of other hybrid stacks, and this seems to be the norm. However, in the SAP Solman system that he was referencing, he said there were auth objects in there. Could you look at your SAP_J2EE_ADMIN abap role and see if there are authorization objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role and looking into the authorizations tab I see no authorization objects attached.

"No authorization data exists".

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have found this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/fb72ec091f4bf8a2d8ba321bb7e8d9/content.htm

Which roles and profiles did you assign to user J2EE_ADMIN in your managed system ?

Best regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agent handle : PRFS0075_SMD_J98/PRFS0075 created. Apr 28, 2009 1:20:12 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Error Received SMD Access denied exception [EXCEPTION] com.sap.smd.api.AccessDeniedException:

Access denied - SMD Agent connection requires some Security Roles: administrators, SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.checkAuthorization(SMDServerHandle.java:592) at com.sap.smd.SMDServerHandle.registerAgent(SMDServerHandle.java:131)

You should give the SMD Agent connection the security roles, he want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Did you managed to resolve the issue?.

Are you using the SLD of solution manager to do the configurations?. If you do, you can push the SLD settings from Agent Administration Tab!.

Also, It seems the SMD agent service is not registered in solution manager.

you can manually add the agent is agent Administration tab.

Kindly revert for any issues pls..

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry but the link is for Software Deployment Manager not for Solution Manager Diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagan,

After opening diagnositics setup -> managed systems ->setup wizard ->parameters

There is a remark:

The SMD Agent 'sapsol' hasn't been found!

In the details tab:

Instance Solution Manager ABAP Stack (Dnull) Details

No SMD Agent is currently available (ie not assigned). Please install an agent for sapsol or unassign an existing agent in Agent Administration

And the following fields are displayed:

System Install Path

Instance Path

Instance Number

Can you please help me with this problem?

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> -

> If I go to SMD => Agent administration => Agent Candidated management => SLD View

Agent Canidated Management?!!!!

Where do you see this option??!!

I cannot see this under Diagnostics Administration --> Managed System --> Agent Administration.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Agent Administration => Agents tab => Agent Candidates Management

Do you see it now ?

Hans

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run upgrader once.

Diagnostics Setup --> Diagnostics System --> Upgrader.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans

Are you configuring SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics on Portal ? or On Solution Manager ?

And why installed Intrascope agent on Portal ?

I guess, the scenario is, Portal is the Managed System and Solution Manager is the Managing system. In this case, Intrascope should be installed on Solution manager and only the SMD agent on Portal

To view the portal system in the SLD of Solution manager, you have to add an SLD connection from the managed sytem to the managing system i.e. Solution manager

thanks

Bhudev

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to determine the root cause

in /usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.0.log I see :

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:25 PM [Thread[main,5,main]] Info Establishing connection to server '[host is empty]' on port [port is empty]

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:30 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no credentials found.

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:31 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no credentials found.

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:31 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [null] Waiting for connection ...

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:31 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [null] Checking server availability...

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:32 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Warning Connecting to SMD server null failed - error counter: 0 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: No InitialContext can be created because the java.naming.provider.url property is no specified in the jndi environment.

Apr 15, 2009 4:00:35 PM [Thread[SLD-Registration,1,main]] Info [SLDReg] Next try to push instance data in SLD is Thu Apr 16 04:00:35 EST 2009

SMDSystem.0.log: END

So it seems some processes are started, but not correct.

What do you guys think ?

thanks

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

what settings you used while installing SMD agent in managed system, is it 'Register in existing central SLD' ?

and have you already configured your managed/portal system to be registerd in local sld via VA ?

Logs are clearly saying, no managing host and port, which connection type you used ?

thanks

Bhudev