cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Oracle on SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Since saturday we try to install a version of SAP retail on the database Oracle 9.2.

Each time we receive the message "Installation has executed successfully". But when we try to start the SAP instance via SAP Management Console we receive the following error:

Starting at 2009/04/14 9:08:22

Startup Profile: "C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_srvvmware01"

Starting Programs

(1396) CreateProcess(C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\exe\run\strdbs.cmd) failed(0). No such file or directory <<-----

(2336) CreateProcess: C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\exe\run\msg_server.exe pf=C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\profile\JDD_DVEBMGS00_srvvmware01

(1008) CreateProcess: C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.exe pf=C:\usr\sap\JDD\SYS\profile\JDD_DVEBMGS00_srvvmware01

In our server, this file "strdbs.cmd" does not exist. Have you some suggestions to solve the problem??

Thinking about an installation problem, we've already tried to re-install the Oracle database three times but without results.

Regards,

Luca Sozio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Luca,

Check whether oracle service is started or not, if no then start it and try to start the database manually using the below sql command

startup

then see what is the error you get in alert_SID.log file. if it doesnot start then send us the error in the alert log while starting the database

Then if it starts then try to start SAP from MMC and then stop both SAP as well as oracle and then try to start SAP from MMC, it should start both the database as well as SAP

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

check oracle service and try

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

login with sidadm user

go to command prompt

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

sql> startup

if it will give error forward it.if it is start fine

then start the sap from MMC.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply.

I tried to logon into Oracle Db via sqlplus.

I receive the following error:

Enter password:

ERROR:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

I've checked into windows enviroment variable, and seems that either ORACLE_HOME -> C:\oracle\ora92 either ORACLE_SID -> JDD are properly set.

Regards

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One remark here: your installation is non-standard. For a SAP system on Oracle 9 the ORACLE_HOME should be <drive:>\ORACLE\JDD\920. This will normally not prevent your database from coming up but it might be a clue that other things are also wrong with this install.

Did you run the SQLPLUS with "/ as sysdba"? If the database is not running you should then get "Connected to an idle instance" rather than ORA-01034.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark is saying correct thing...

you also did not installed orcale 9 properlly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to Upgrade the Kernel patch level to latest hope that works

Regards

Uday

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luca,

i am not very familiar with SAP/Oracle on Windows but maybe point 3 from sapnote #491174 is your solution?

3. If you use the Management Console to start the R/3 system in NT systems, the database first uses the STRDBS.CMD script. Then, the work processes attempt to connect to the database. If the database cannot be started using STRDBS.CMD, the system writes the ORA-01034 error code to the work process traces, and the work processes terminate. Therefore, check that the STRDBS.CMD script in the directory <drive>:\usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\exe\run is correct. The relevant entries must be as follows:

echo connect internal > v8start.sql

echo startup >> v8start.sql

@svrmgrl command=@v8start.sql

The first two lines create the v8start. sql mini-script, which is then executed in the third line using the svrmgrl command. In particular, ensure that the first line contains one ">" and the second line contains two ">>". In addition, as of Oracle 8.1, the third line must contain a "svrmgrl" command and not a "svrmgr30" command as in previous releases (8.0 or lower).

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Stefan.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've seen the note that you suggested.. but in my case, the problem is not "incorrect entries" on strdbs.cmd, but that this file is missed on my server.

Do you think that I can create it manually??

If so, we need to put onl these lines?

echo connect internal > v8start.sql

echo startup >> v8start.sql

@svrmgrl command=@v8start.sql

Regards

Luca

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luca,

> Do you think that I can create it manually??

Yes.

As far as i understand this, the strdbs.cmd is only used to start the database.. an easy method, but it seems to work.

I have checked this on our portal 7.0 system with Oracle 10g .. and it loos like this:

@rem --------------------------------------------
@rem Startup script for ORACLE database 8.x

@rem look for given ORACLE_SID
@if not %1#==# set ORACLE_SID=%1

@rem write script v9start.sql to start database
echo WHENEVER SQLERROR exit SQL.SQLCODE > v9start.sql
echo connect / as sysdba >> v9start.sql