cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updation of Value Mapping Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any way in we can update a value mapping table, from some external source, permanently in the ID and not only in the cache.

Please do respond.

Thanks

Neetu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

could not find a solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can only be done manually

No way to replicate from external system permantely to ID.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neetu,

No. We can not permanently imported value mapping table from some other external source.

If you are using the value mapping replication then it will update only the run time cache.

If you exported the .tpz file only with value mapping group objects then you can able to update in ID

permanently.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Is there any way in we can update a value mapping table, from some external source, permanently in the ID and not only in the cache.

quick answer - no

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have stored value mappings in external tables, you can replicate this data in the runtime cache . To do this, you can use special message interfaces (value-mapping replication interfaces) .

SAP provides the following objects for the replication of value mappings:

· Value-Mapping Replication Interfaces

They are located in the Integration Repository in the software component SAP BASIS, software component version SAP BASIS 6.40 in the namespace http//sap.com/xi/XI/System.

· Proxy Objects

For the inbound message interfaces, there are inbound proxies on the Integration Server and ABAP outbound proxies in the SAP system in ABAP proxy generation under the software component version SAP Basis 6.40.

To implement a value-mapping replication scenario,see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kubra,

In my question I have already mentioned that I want the VM to get updated directly in the ID and not only in the runtime cache.

Is there any way in which I can update Value Mapping Table existing in the Integration Directory from some external table.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NO there is no other way to achive it as per my best knowledge

Sameer