Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics - Server nodes not defined below instance

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

We are experiencing problems setting up managed systems in Solution Manager Diagnostics due to the fact that the J2EE server nodes are not recognized.

The system is defined in smsy with as much data inserted as possible.

Server is defined, fqdn is filled in

Java system is defined, instances are configured and installation number is present

Enterprise portal and Java Application Server are marked relevant and assigned to the Java system definied in SMSY

Full landscape guide was followed but it does not work.

All components are visible in the SLD as well, also the server node is visible when checking in component maintenance.

Does anyone have an idea why diagnostics would not recognize the server node ?

I already did synchronization between SLD & SMSY.

Kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

When everything is fine in SLD and SMSY, then at which step you are getting the error, is it during the managed system setup ? Also through which port, the managed system's SMD is connected to your Solman and which port you are giving while running setup Wizard ?

And do you have host file entries in place for Solman host in the host file of managed system and vice-versa ?

Please let us know where and what error

thanks

Bhudev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I had same issue in the Solman SP20. It got resolved by your magical solution.

I would really appreciate more for providing the solution. Many people in this forum, just says that the issue resolved and not providing the solution and making others to leave in air.

You are nice person, i would mean to say.

Thanks/Rakesh G Nagula

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Problem solved

Changes done:

SMSY_SETUP --> edit --> expert settings (multiple SLD host had a X value which should not be the case).

Implementation of newer version of SAP notes accompanying enhancement package 1 for Sol Man.

Followed SLD setup for Root Cause Analysis guide (although nothing really changed there).

Server node is now being displayed correct after loading it from SLD using LANDSCAPE FECTH job.

Kind regrads

Tom