cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKF & activity type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) may i know what is the relationship for skf and allocation(assessment / distribution).

2) may i know what is the relationship for activity type and allocation(assessment / distribution).

3) may i know what is the tcode for skf and activity type.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Distribution uses the original cost element for allocating cost to the

sender cost center. Thus on the receiving cost center we can see the

original cost element from the sender cost center. Distribution only

allocates primary cost.

Assessment uses assessment cost element No 43 defined above to

allocate cost. Thus various costs are summarized under a single

assessment cost element. In receiver cost center the original cost

breakup from sender is not available. Assessment allocates both primary

as well as secondary cost.

KLO1 for Creation of Activity Types

KK01 for Crweation of SKFs

Regards

Madhu I

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to know the relationship for SKF with allocation and AT with allocation.

can explain with an example?

thanks

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An Activity Type describes the activity produced by a Cost Centre, measured in units such as time or quantity.In other words, the output of every Cost Centre is measured by an Activity type.Activity type helps the system to understand the nature of the activity carried out in that particular cost center.

Relation of AT with Allocation

Activity types can be used to hold the hourly rate to charge out employee time from a Cost Centre to another cost object. A group of employees come under one cost centre.Activity Types are assigned to employees grouped by Cost Centre in Employee master data .Allocation cycles are run to transfer cost from this Cost centre to other cost object.

Statistical key figures represents activities or statistics in cost center or order or profit center and they are measured in units of time or quantity. Key figures are may be used in Distribution or Assessment.

SKFs are used as u2018tracing factorsu2019 (cost allocation ratios) for transferring costs from one cost collector to another cost object.

They can be used as the basis for internal allocations, such as Distribution and Assessment.

There are two types of statistical key figures:

1) Fixed value: Fixed values are carried forward from the current posting period to all subsequent posting periods.

For example: The statistical key figure Employees is defined as a fixed value. In period 1 of the fiscal year, you post 10 Employees on cost center 4100. The system then automatically posts 10 employees in periods 2 through 12.

In period 6, the number of employees is increased to 15.This means that in period 6, you post 15 Employees on the cost center. The system automatically posts 15 employees in

periods 6 through 12.

2) Total value: Totals values are posted in the current posting period only.

For example: You define the statistical key figure Telephone units as a totals value. In period 1 of the fiscal year, you post 1000 Telephone units on cost center 4100. The system posts 1000 telephone units in period 01 only.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praisty

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ask_comm,

1. Distribution and Assessment are two different Allocation Methods. When you want to allocate the costs, you can do it on different bases. For example, based on Fixed Percentages, Variable Portions etc. You can see the options in any Cycle under "Receiver Tracing Factor".

When you want to allocate the costs on Variable Portion basis, still you will have further options like if is based on Plan Cost, Plan Consumption, Plan SKF etc. If you have selected Plan SKF, that means you want to allocate the costs on the basis of some SKF values.

2. There is no relationship between Activity Type and Distribution and Assessment. When you want to do "Activity Allocation", you have two options... Direct Activity Allocation and Indirect Activity Allocation. For Indirect Activity Allocation, you need to create the Allocation Cycles as incase of Distribution and Assessment.

Even in case of Indirect Activity Allocation cycle, you have the option to choose SKF as your Receiver Tracing Factor.

3. Transaction Codes for SKF and Activity Type are...

Create Activity Type - KL01

Change Activity Type - KL02

Display Activity Type - KL03

Create SKF - KK01

Change SKF - KK02

Display SKF - KK03

Pls revert back for further explanation...

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation and mark given but I still not able to get it clear.

Hope can reply by point below.

1) AT and SKF are 2 different function or they are similar nature? Which means I can either use AT or SKF but cannot be both.

2) I ask the relationship is because I need to know if AT and SKF must define in allocation cycle ksv1 or assessment cycle ksu1/keu1?

3) Can both AT and SKF in the same allocation cycle or assessment cycle?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

activity type t code /nkl01 and group /nklh1

skf t code is /nkk01 and group is t code is /n kb h1