cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Error In Change Request Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently implementing change request management using sap solution manager 3.2 .I have following the configuration instruction in change request management configuration quide ,activated the BC sets as mentioned in note 770693 and applied notes to the statellite system as directed in the 770693 notes.

After performing all these activites i am still facing errors realted like "No consolidation system define for TEST-300" and "TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system for DEV-300" which i think is particularly realted to my TMS . i need to know the following to be sure.

1. Do i need to setup TMS work flow for solution manager change request management to work.

2. We have a 2 system lanscape with solution manager as domain controller (but not part of transport route)

we have TEST as development server and DEV as PRD server.Is this configuration correct or should i the colution manager be part of the transport route

Regards

Kamran Ellahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kamran,

1. no; you have only to switch on CTC=1 and import single strategy.

2. SolMan has not to be part of the transport route.

I suppose that you have switched on the Collector (/TMWFLOW/CMSCONF -> General Settings). I didn't understand exactly your configuration, but please have a look at your STMS_PATH, I think you have to create a three system landscape, it looks as if the development system needs a consolidation system (= QA), and not a delivery system (= Production).

If you have only two systems, you can create for example a second client on your development system and create a consolidation route into it, and a delivery route from this new client to your production system.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Escher

thanks for the tips , but i still need your assistance on this i would really apreciate it if you can provide me a step by step guide of settting up a consolidation system in a 2 system lanscape.

P.S. I have awarded points to you for your previous answer

regards

Kamran Ellahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamran,

please be sure that your installation is configured as:

1. If several transport domains exist, be sure that you have created a domain link between them (Tx. <b>STMS</b>).

2. A transport route of type "Consolidation" exists from TEST-300 to DEV-300. Because Chg. Req. Mgmnt. require extended transport configuration (routes defined by system and client).

3. At the definition of the logical component (Tx. <b>SMSY</b> in SolMan) used in the solution manager project, the system roles must be Development: TEST-300, Production: DEV-300. No QA system is needed.

Please make sure you have activated all BC sets that are listed in note <b>770693</b> (General note on Change Request Management 3.20) in expert mode and executed all IMG activities under <i>SAP Solution Manager->Basic Settings</i>; <i>SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Request Management</i>.

Also it's recomended set-up service desk first and then change request management.

Good luck.

Regards,

Gustav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the ff procedure to create maintainance cycle

When you create a maintenance cycle for a maintenance project in the Solution Manager (SMI project), a project is created in the Central Transport System (CTS project) for each logical development system. This CTS project is required as an attribute for the transport requests.

A CTS project is always assigned to an implementation project (IMG project) in the physical system. There must be an IMG project in all physical systems in an SMI project, in which system changes (development/maintenance) can be made.

If there is no IMG project in a system, one is created automatically. The IMG project that is generated has the same name as the SMI project, but there cannot be an SMI project and an IMG project with the same name in one system, for system-internal reasons.

In the existing SMI project, there is a development system in the same physical system as the Solution Manager.

System response

If one of the development systems is in the same physical system as the Solution Manager, the IMG project cannot be created automatically.

Procedure

Create an IMG project manually in the system. To do this, go to: SAP Menu -> Tools -> Solution Manager -> Project Administration.

Select the SMI project, go to the 'System Landscape' tab, and then the 'IMG Projects' tab.

Select an entry for the system and try to create the IMG project. The system tells you that a system of the same name already exists, and asks you whether you want to choose another project name. Answer 'Yes', and change the project name.

You should now be able to create the task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am experiencing the exact same problem and have followed everything in this discussion without any luck?

I am running 3.20 SP12, with a 3 landscape system. I have even included QAS additionally and assigned the role '0' = Consolidation. But to no avail?

My message in CM at the section 'Correction' reads 'No maintenance cycle is open for the current system'. iBase = correctly installed having all three systems of my landscape and is referring to DEV.

My messages in SLG1 log /TMWFLOW/CMSCV read:

No consolidation system found for DEV-200 (project CM_3LSYS)

and

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system for PRD-400

If you could be of assistance, please comment soonest

Regards

Ferrandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

we were experiencing the same issues and here is how we fixed it:

1) Manually fixed the RFC connections between our Solution Manager system(SMD) and our satellite system (SMP)

2) setup a simple TMS landscape where our Dev system is SMD client 020, our Consolidation system (QA) is SMD client 040 and our Production system is SMP client 320.

3) created a logical component in SMSY that reflects the TMS configuration.

4) made sure that the existing project was assigned this logical component to it.

5) synchronized the project in /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF

Once this was done, our project was synchronized and had the release status. We were able to create a project cycle after that.

I hope this helped.

Regards,

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi,

Maybe that is where I made the mistake. I did my setup under SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE and NOT Solution Manager?

There were 3 systems under Solution Manager (I am configuring a half configured system) namely SMQ, SMP and SOL. I created SMD.

Should I now use SMD as DEV/200, SMQ as QAS/400 and SMP as PRD/400 as per our system/client config?

Many thanks for your (previous) reply

Regards

Ferrandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have tried what you said with:

SMD = System DEV, Client 200, Role Customizing

SMQ = System QAS, Client 400, Role Test

SMP = System PRD, Client 400, Role Production

I have generated the RFC connections for the above clients, plus client 000 in all three systems.

I created a logical component with this landscape, and assigned it to a new project. The IMG project system = SMD and Logical system = SMD-200. The project was created successfully.

When I try to Synchronize the project, I get three of the same errors:-

System crash RFC destination SM_DEVCLNT000_READ, Call TMW_GET_TARGET_SYSTEMS:

Still it appears as 'locked'.

I am stuck. Please help?

Regards

Ferrandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferrandi,

Let's follow these steps and see if you have everything right.

1) delete and recreate the RFC connections for client 000.(you might have to delete the RFC users that were created)

2) make sure your SMQ is a QA system in SMSY.

3) In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN create an IMG project for your DEV system and activate the CTS.

Also, your user has to be the same in all systems because of the Trusted connection.

Try this, hopefully it'll work.If not, I'll have to think of something else.

regrads,

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salpi,

Feedback as per your advise:-

1. I deleted the RFC connections and users. I regenrated these in SM Landscape Compenents. I created a logical component ONLY using DEV 200.

2. I Made sure that SMQ = QAS = Test.

3. I created a Project using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Already at this point I get error messages "System crash RFC destination SM_DEVCLNT000_READ, Call TMW_GET_TARGET_SYSTEMS:"

Note also that when I generate the RFC connections, I get authorisation errors when creating the TRUSTED connection. Which also means the SM_SOLCLNT500_BACK is not created. These I cant get to work, and have set it up as a non-trusted system using sign-on to hop over to the other systems? When I put a user and password in the RFC connection, it works. As soon as I activate 'trusted', it displays the error 'Not authorised...' even though the users exist in both systems with SAP_ALL. The only other observation is that both DEV & PRD have SNC activated. QAS not, but still the trusted RFC connections do not work. The only one that is working is SM_SOLCLNT500_BACK and it works in all the systems and clients.

It seems like I am going backwards?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just one question. To which transport domain should these systems belong? That of the live system (in my case DOMAIN_DEV) or that of Solution Manager (in my case DOMAIN_SOL). The current setup reflects DOMAIN_DEV.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferrandi,

You have to point to the Solution Manager Transport domain DOMAIN_SOL.

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi

I have assigned DOMAIN_SOL to all of them. In STMS my transport route is:

Sys Route Sys Route Sys Delivery Sys

SOL <SAP><ZSOL> SMD <ZSOL> SMQ < > SMP

Which brings me back to my first messages:-

1. No consolidation system found for SMD-200

2. No export system for SMP-400

What I have noticed:

1 When I test the System Landscape from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN it return 'no errors'.

2. When I test Shipment Routes, It goes into system DEV, Client 200 and displays the transport routes. Only the three systems (DEV, QAS & PRD) appear, and NO transport route seems active. Yet this is not the case when you call STMS from DEV. Then it shows the transport routes for the three systems DEV, QAS & PRD?

Could it be a problem with the RFC connections? Because I do get errors when I create them (but fix them manually afterwards)?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernandi,

if your satellite system is not a WAS you could have some problems with accessing the Domain controller from within SolMan. Check on you R/3 system if you have function groups TMW_TRACKING*. If not then the RFC Function Modules called by SolMan do not exist.

kr,

Oliver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

All systems = WAS. And function groups TMW_TRACKING exist.

I will in the meantime tackle the issues experienced during the RFC generation.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have since sorted out vthe RFC connections. I was told by another consultant to configure the landscape under 4.7 and not SolMan? Should this be the case? Does it make any difference?

Otherwise, the system still gives the follwoing two messages:-

No consolidation system found for DEV-200 (project CM_3LSYSV4)

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system for PRD-400

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ferrandi,

I have been held up with a similar issue, please help me if you were able to solve this issue.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil Santhapuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Were you able to solve this issue? We are also facing the same issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have the same problem.

I have three system: DESTST-PRD

I have a transport route DES TST-PRD

Domain controller is PRD.

I define one project with the following client:

DES200--> TST 300 -->PRD400

When i check the project, i have the same erro: No consolidation system found for DES-200 .

I need some help.