cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create framework page from the PAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create an Framework page from the PAR . I have made some changes in the JSP's of the PAR com.sap.portals.layout.framework . Then I have deployed it in the different name .

My Question is how to create a new framework page from this PAR?

Thanks in Advance,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to create a new framework page from the modified PAR file. Also, assign the page to your new portal desktop. There are a few steps involved.

Refer to this document provided by SAP.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e549a890-0201-0010-3f8b-d3b...

It gives u the steps required to create a new framework page.

U can also refer the follwoing link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ce/a72640e3174043909e2f60bced04d5/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M.Subathra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

You say

This can be done very easily. There is no real different between a framework page and a normal page, other than the icon. You can use a normally created page, add an iview to it and then add this page to the desktop.

So I followed your steps, but there is one problem, how do I integrate the innerpage into the new created page? The main reason for creating a new framework page for me is that I want to make changes in the light_WAandNavPanel.jsp and don't want to edit the original one. There must be a solution for this fundamental problem, no ideas???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the default Framework Page in the Content AdministrationPortal UsersPortal Catalog--Standard Portal Users.

Paste into a new folder do not paste as a delta link. Click ‘Yes’ to copy the default Framework Page

Edit the copied Default Framework Page in the Property List. And Save it.

And each element has properties that can be edited.

Next thing is to assign the Framework Page and custom themes to the Portal Desktop and define the rules.

Note: Do not change the out-of-the-box framework page as other elements may depend on this one. Instead copy the default framework page in the Portal Catalog located under Portal Users -> Standard Portal Users.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but that is not what I want to do.

I want to create a framework page from my own PAR file.

I do not want to make copies of the existing framework page.

It's not the properties of the framework page that I need to change but the HTML/Javascript code that it generates. Therefore I changed its source code an deployed it with a new name. Now I need to make a new framework page object in the portal that is based on that PAR file.

The documentation says this was possible but nowhere is explained how to do it.

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are SAP experts? no answer for this one? no solution?

darrell_merryweather
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done very easily. There is no real different between a framework page and a normal page, other than the icon. You can use a normally created page, add an iview to it and then add this page to the desktop.

voila.

If you don't like that idea, then simply take a copy of the standard framework page, rename it, and add your own iviews to it, then simply add this page to the desktop.

I hope this helps

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, I thought that my par file could be created as a normal iView or a Layout, but when I try to create a new iView or layout from PAR, my par file is not in the list displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have the same Problem that I have to create a new Framework Page from my own PAR file. The default framework page should remain unchanged.

I find every information for this task (editing jsp files, editing portalapp.xml, packing and deploying the PAR file, etc.) except for one important information:

How do I actually create a new framework page object in the portal from my deployed par file?

In the Portal-Content I can create iViews and layouts from PAR files and i can create iViews, pages, roles, worksets and folders but where/how do I create a framework page?

I mean there is lots of information telling me that it is possible but not recommended and that one should take the default framework page and make copies of it etc. but not one hint on how to do the last step of creating one from your own PAR file. Maybe its too obvious that I don't see it.

Could you help me on that please?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Roland

Message was edited by: Roland Schroth

Message was edited by: Roland Schroth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

You can create your own Page layout file using this <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/How%20to%20Create%20a%20New%20Portal%20Desktop.zip">zip</a> file.

To create a new framework page import the par file into your Netweaver Developer studio. You will find the foll: jsp's dynNavArea.jsp,framework.jsp and WAandNavPanel.jsp. You can change the jsp's and deploy it again which will overwrite the default one. Or you can rename the package and the par file to create a new one and create a new framework page without changing the default one.

This <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1324">weblog</a> will also help you.

Regards,

Pooja.