cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIX OS Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have good work exp. on Windows servers for SAP Basis point of view. but not aware with basics of UNIX side.

can any one Please suggest me , for SAP Basis person what are the basic things i should know on UNIX so that i'll comfortable while working as Basis on HP-UX or AIX.

Please refer any link or Doc. from which i can dig out sufficient knowledge .

Many Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • No cross posting

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As you have already worked on Windows servers for SAP Basis, so for SAP Basis point of view, you might have experienced that basis people do the things at OS level which are not the core OS things, but they do work on OS level w.r.t the database work ...most of the times, for CORE OS things, separate Unix/OS Administrator/team found to be there with Basis team

So it should not be a big hurdle for you now in unix, just refer to the links on SDN, help.sap.com, for eg.

Database and Operating Systems Knowledge Center

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dbos

all these are having links as per the database type, however to learn the very basics of unix (which are not really specific to SAP), like how to make a directory in unix, how to copy and lot of basics of unix type of platforms, you can consider any kind of unix tuturials on google.

thanks

Bhudev