Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc types that generate the log files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody provide me the list of IDOC types that generated application log files.

As I found that material master IDOCs generate log files. Is there IDOC types other

than material master that generate log files.

Regards,

Azra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azra,

You can tell whether an IDOC does create the application log from the function module it uses.

Go to SE37, and type in IDOC_INPUT_<message_type> for inbound or IDOC_OUTPUT_<message_type> for outbound, and search for any function module which start with 'BAL_'. If you can find it, then it creates application log files.

Regards,

Lim...

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azra,

You can tell whether an IDOC does create the application log from the function module it uses.

Go to SE37, and type in IDOC_INPUT_<message_type> for inbound or IDOC_OUTPUT_<message_type> for outbound, and search for any function module which start with 'BAL_'. If you can find it, then it creates application log files.

Regards,

Lim...

0 Kudos

Hi Ruslim,

Could you please provide me some details.

Regards,

Azra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use transaction SWEL Event Log and find out the types for which log are maintained.

Regards,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please tell me in detail how can I found application logs while using the transaction SWEL.