cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm new to SAP Technologies. Wanted to know what is NetWeaver PI ? Is it a tool ? or server used to integrate processes ? Is it a super set of NetWeaver CE or is NetWeaver CE completely different? Which is bigger and better to run enterprise services? CE or PI or NWDS? Bascially wanted to know what exactly is PI and CE and how do they compare.. Also about NWDS..

Thanks & Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Check this blogs for knowing more about SAP NetWeaver-PI;

Part 1: /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

Part2: /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

Part3: /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

use www.help.sap.com for detailed documentation.

try to read this BIT400, BIT430,BIT 450 and BIT 460

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer help.sap.com for complete information about PI.

Also check this:

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I think the above experts answered your questions if Still u r having any quiries please ask us or else close this thread and another most important thing is all these are aleady there in different threads pelase have a look on those...

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

My answers are given inline in caps and in bold.

I'm new to SAP Technologies. (MOST WELCOME) Wanted to know what is NetWeaver PI ? (ITS A MIDDLE WARE ON THE NETWEAVER STACK) Is it a tool ? (YES A MIDDLEWARE ) or server used to integrate processes ? (ALREADY ANSWERED , YOU CAN SEARCH FOR ARCHITECTURE RELATED QUERIES) Is it a super set of NetWeaver CE or is NetWeaver CE completely different? (NETWEAVER CE IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING) Which is bigger and better to run enterprise services? (BOTH OF THEM HAVE THEIR PROS AND CONS ) CE or PI or NWDS? Bascially wanted to know what exactly is PI ( LOTS OF INFO AVAILABLE ON THE NET ) and CE (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ce)and how do they compare.. Also about NWDS. (NWDS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BALL GAME.)

Thanks & Regards

JOEL

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 14, 2009 11:27 AM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try searching on SDN forums first ?

if not please do

thanks,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk