cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned values of profit centers not showing up in customised report painte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made a customised profit center report via report painter. I have already uploaded planned values in KP06. In the customised report painter, the record type is "1" (plan) and version is "0" for actual/plan. The columns for the planned values do not show any figures. But when I generate std SAP report S_ALR_87013340 - Profit Center Group: Plan/Actual/Variance, it shows the plan values. In that way, I know that the cost center upload is correct.

Please advise on how to show the plan values on the report painter.

Thanks and best regards,

Thess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thess,

cost center planning and profit center planning are two separate issues. A automatic transfer of plan data from cost centers to profit centers only takes place if the plan integration flag is set for the relevant version in the year dependant version parameters (TA OKEVN). So first of all check if this flag is set. If not, you can transfer ex-post via TA 1KE0.

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karl,

Up to year 2013, the "version locked" indicator is not selected while the "integrated planning" and "copying allowed" indicators are active.

In SAP std report, the plan values which were uploaded via cost centers have flowed to the profit centers. But in the report painter I have created for profit center report, the plan values are not being shown even though I have assigned record type "1" and version "0".

Thanks again for any advice.

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thess,

ok...one more customizing step to check: is "online transfer" and "line items" active in the profit center version maintenance (TA OKEQ)? If yes: do you see the planning data via the SAP standard RP PCA reports, e.g. S_ALR_87009712?

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Yes, the online transfer and line items are active. And on the std SAP report, yes I can see the plan data.

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that means the error is indeed in the report definition. What kind of basic key figure are you using?

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Karl.

The basic key figure is doc co. code crcy plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so that would be BHSL-P. That explains why the standard report shows the data. BHSL-P reads the GLPCP line item table whereas KSL, HSL and TSL use the GLPCT summary table. Is it your intention to do line item reporting? Furthermore: which library did you copy?

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Yes I want to show line items of both actual and plan data. For the actuals, the values are showing up correctly but when it comes to plan values, nothing comes up in the report. I am using 8A3 library.

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ahhh...the fact that you can see the actual values has made me realize what the problem might be. GLPCP and GLPCA (actual line items) use different fields in regard to the period. I assume that you are utilizing the POPER characteristic to select the periods....correct?

In that case please try the following: copy library 8A3 into the customer name space (I would always base customized reports on your own library). In your copy activate the RPMAX characteristic. The re-create your report based on the new library and make the following changes: use RPMAX in the general selection and only use POPER in the column definition for the actual values. That should work.

Regards

Karl

P.S....hope you bear in mind that such a report is a potential performance nightmare.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Karl!

I will revise and let you know.

If you are in my shoes and knowing that you need to show both plan and actual PCA data, what tables would you use?

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thess,

for line items GLPCP and GLPCA are correct. It's just that, due to the large volume, reading line items is always more performance intensive then reading summary items (i.e. GLPCT).

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karl.

This problem has just been solved.

Answers (0)