Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open PS password

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using OpenPS to upload projects into R/3. Till this time I was able to connect to R/3.

Recently the password of R/3 log on has changed from 8 characters to 9. And I cannot log on now. When I am changing the password again to 8 characters it is allowing me to log on.

So why I am now sure that system is restricting the password characters in Open PS. How can I remove this error?

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

When I goto OpenPS-> Connect to R3->Then its prompting me for R3 PS Logon--->Here there is limitation of 8 characters for password.

But I am able to Login with any password ( ie any word and press logon). It takes me to SAP logon where I can select the desired SAP system and logon with more than 9 character password also.

So just try to configure more than 1 system---> keep SAP logon pad on the desktop and try.

Regards,

Amit

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As per your words, in the initial screen for Log on I can give any password and continue. But this does not take me to the next screen where the various log on pads are displayed. Furthermore the SAP Log on pad is in my desktop only.

In short I have defined like this:

New user with no password saved.

In the system tab I have defined the Application server, system number, System and Client.

Previously I used to click on connect button select the user, system and feed the password but now log on is failed....

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are following correct steps to configure your systems.

It will be better if you raise this to SAP.

Regards,

Amit

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This problem was solved by SAP.

Actually in OpenPS configuration do not define the system and the Application server IP.

Then during logon u can use any dummy password, this takes u to the SAP Log on PAD. Here u select the server and then give password without any restriction of characters.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Plz go to this link and see point number 6 (system configuration) , Iam sure this will help you a lot.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5037d0e8-8bc2-2a10-6fb3-c4833289...

Thanks ,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Edited by: Dhruv Kumar Malhotra on Apr 14, 2009 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please check this thread :

as it looks similiar to your problem.

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

No Dhruva,

I was already using this I can still log on to other servers which has 8 characters password but the field is not taking more than eight characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I am afraid such is one limitation of using Open PS...

workaround is to change your password to 8 characters or less...

regards.