cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting order quantity in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I have a requirement that my material can only be ordered in multiples of 5 KG, 15 KG and 25 KG. Could you suggest how can i control the ordered quantity in sales order ? is there a standard way in SAP to do it or does it require customization.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible at sales order level but it is possible at the delivery level.

By maintaining value at Sales org.1 in the material master you will get the warning message if you donot enter the value multiples of "5".

you can convert this message to error message by "OVAH" T.code or by changinging the message type in the program while creating delivery.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

there are at least a couple more ways. the feasibility depends upon your clients' wishes, however. you can do:

1. alternate units of measurement where 1 sales unit = 5 kg, or

2. use packing sizes.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanathan and Krishna for your replies. I have tried using the "Delivery Units" and it works. Thanks

Thanks Jonathan. I tried using the Sales Unit of Measure and it seems like a good idea. Can you elaborate on use of packing sizes to achieve the objective.

Also i have another issue. The order has to be booked in units of 2, 15 and 25 KG. now using any of the approaches above i can take care of quantities 15 and 25 using multiples of 5. But this would mean i need to do something for 2 KG.

Should i create two material codes

1) in multiples of 2 (using delivery unit or Alternate UOM)

2) in multiples of 5 (using delivery unit or Alternate UOM)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all In MM02->basic data1->additional data tab->maintain Alternate UoM then you can book the order in 2 , 15 and 25KG .

There is no need to crate two material codes in multiples of 2 and multiples of 5 . While maintaining Alternate UoM only you maintain multiples of 2 and Multiples of 5 then your requirement can be fulfilled

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

I could not understand the use and way to do what you said. Could you elaborate a little on how to use the Alternate UOM to restrict my order quantity in multiples of 2, 20 and 25 KG.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieve this for delivery but not for order. For order, you have to go for user exit or apply the logic in your existing routine.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Lakshmipathi. Could you please elaborate as how can this be achieved in delivery.

Sincerely

Sabby

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The delivery units like in the multiples of 5 like 5 or 10 or 15 can be maintained in sales org data 1 tab of the material master delivery units field

Having set this So when creating the delivery if the multiples are not properly given the system will throw a warning message message no V4 and 081

You can set this message as errr message in t code OVAH

But there is a risk involved here

If the delivery units is maintained as mutiples of 5 that is 5 ,and 10 and 15 like that in MMR sales org data 1 tab andin OVAH it set as error message V4 and 081 then if the sales order is for 21 units then the delivery will be allowed only till 20 units

So carefully lookimg at many angles this should be used

Regards

Raja