cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap qm first article process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to implement the first article process, does anybody know the process in sap to flag(identify first article) for the parts newly received into sap? Is there any t-code or existing process in sap?

thanks,

Maggie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about " Developing the Status of Supply Relationships" ?

In this process, the supply relationship goes through the following statuses (depending on the results of the corresponding receiving inspections):

a) Supply relationship created

b) Prototype, specimen

c) Pilot series

d) Series

If this is what you are referring, we can explore further.

Thanks,

RKM.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maggie

Are you refering to a new material procured from a supplier . If so there is a standard SAP process mentioned in quality info record for supply relationship. You can make use of that

Please let me know your requirements

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your response, here is our process requirement:

o Flag a part requires a FAIR(first article inspection at receipt) at time of receipt.

o Flag in purchase order that can manually be set to override master flag.

o All new purchased part numbers require FA.

What is the quality info record you mentioned? Can you please give a detail step by step description?

Thanks a lot,

Maggie

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maggie,

Our client have same first article inspection process for incoming material. See following step:

1. For material and vendor relation create quality info record with transaction QI01.

2. Create Catalog with code with t-code QS41. Catalog type = 1 and create two diff. code as Accept and Reject.

3. Now create selected set (T-code = QS51), and assign earlier created catalog to set & do valuation as per requirement.

4. Create qualitative Master Inspection chara, (like: FRT_ART with tcode - QS21) and select control indicator as per req. and assign selected set to MIC.

5. Now assign this MIC to inspection plan of Material.

6. So once you receive material through outside vendor then system will create Inspection lot and assign inspection plan to lot. So as per the created ,master data (Inspection plan with MIC FRT_ART) quality person has to do FAIR.

Let me know if you have still any question.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nehal,

Thanks very much for your kind response, I feel very lucky to know someone has implemented similar First Article process before.

I have some questions to clarify:

1). How to deal with scenario of receiving material from different suppliers? Our first article inspection should be the combination of material and supplier(e.g. supplier A's first article got accepted does not mean for the same part we do not do FA from vendor 2, vendor 2 still requires first article)

2). I treid the exact steps you suggested, but could not get vendor populated in inspection lot, we do not need to do the level of characteristics for inspection, simply a sampling procedure will work for us, but I am missing the vendor info, this will defeat the whole purpose. Can you please explain more in detail how can we link vendor info for material to show in inspection lot, inspection plan is at material master level(mm02), but we want supplier/vendor combination.

3). We also need to meet the requirement for buyer/quality people to manually update/change the FAIR, any suggestion on this?

<<Personal information removed>>

Thanks a lot!!

Maggie

Edited by: Matt on Apr 23, 2009 7:50 AM - please do not put personal information such as email addresses on these forums. You can maintain an email address through which people can contact you, on your business card.