Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Data Elements on Target Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a Proxy to Web service scenario in PI 7.1 Version

I have SAP Pre defined message on Source side, and External Parter Message on the target side,

Some of the data elements on the Target side are required fields, I am passing the values to Required Data elements based on the certain condition,

For example: If Category code which is on the source side is 2 then I am passing the Organization First name:Second name to Commerical name which is required Data element on the target side, If the Category code is other than 2 then I am moving the Blanks to Required field, and eventually I am receing the following error

Please let me know what value I can assign to the required fields in the exceptional Case, (i.e if the category code is other than 2)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_ECC_Claimsinfo_to_ISO_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceExcepti</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>on: Cannot create target element /ClaimInvestigati</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4>onAddRq/ClaimsParty/GeneralPartyInfo/NameInfo/Com~</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_ECC_Claimsinfo_to_ISO_; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException: Cannot create target element /ClaimInvestigationAddRq/ClaimsParty/GeneralPartyInfo/NameInfo/Com~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Thanks a lot for the inputs

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the mapping logic for:

/ClaimInvestigationAddRq/ClaimsParty/GeneralPartyInfo/NameInfo/Com~

There may be more elements after those mentioned in the above path....check for those after NameInfo

If your mapping works fine in Test tab of MM / IM then and fails in runtime then check for the values passed to the above fields (after NameInfo) during runtime....take the input message from SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use map with default function before map to the target field.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the value of category code in the mapping and if it is other than 2, you can take some constant value (like NA, depending on the field data type) in the Required field instead of Blanks. For that you can use if-else condition.

Regards,

Jitender