cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On in a client with a existing password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We configured the MI to use Single Sign On (SSO). The SSO is working properly with MI Clients that are fresh installations (no user or password defined). But with MI Clients that already have a User and password defined, we get the error "PAssword already existing." Is there a way to remove the password for a user that already has?

I know there is a Reset password that can be apply in the MobileEngine.config but this wil prompt to change the password no reset to a undefined password. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jose L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The SSO on MI 7.0 is designed in such a way that not more than one use can login and use the client which means if SSO is configured and one user is already authenticated and logged in atleast once, then no other user can use the MI Client. Therefore you might get this error. If your business requires that multiple users must use the same device, you will have to have multiple installations of MI Client on a same system.

If this does not answer your problem, Can you please explain your scenario in little more detail and also copy the stack trace here.

Best Regards

Siva

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

To use MI we need two password

local password

synchronizing password that is pass word to SAP Web AS.

You may need on or both of the password while you logging into the device.

To manage or change the password we have a documentation in Library.I am forwarding it to you.Please have a look i Hope your query will be resolved.

Link[Password|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/3a8f4040d1ce62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Have a best day ahead.