cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM380? MII Course

Former Member
0 Kudos

MII Gurus,

I am a PP/APO consultant. Seen ads for XMII/MII. They ask for XMII Basis consultant. Can a PP consultant do this or should it be a Basis guy?Any Ideas as to whether SCM 380 is for a Basis person or a PP functional consultant?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather a database oriented, web savvy developer than an ABAPer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about a PP guy with sigificant manufacturing background? Do you think it is a fit for him?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriranga,

While knowledge of Basis and PP is helpful, MII is more of a separate application which is taught in SCM 380. Neither Basis nor PP knowledge is a prerequisite for MII. Knowledge of manufacturing, databases, xml, java/javascript, and html would be more valuable for learning MII (in my own extremely humble opinion, others may suggest other skills).

If you are seeing an advertisement for an xMII Basis consultant, it is either an indication that the writer does not understand what xMII is (or perhaps Basis as well) or that the end customer wants to fulfill two skillsets with a single body. But I know a lot of MII consultants and know none that are Basis consultants as well.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

In one of my recent projects I was exposed to MII at the client. So I was considering this SCM380 course in order to add more skills. How is the market ?Do you see more implementations this year?

Sri

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriranga,

I would recommend taking the course. The market for MII is still strong, but I am not sure the pace of projects will continue to the same level of the end of last year. It will really depend upon the economy and the amount of payback from an MII project. I think that there usually is a rather rapid payback from most MII projects, but that sometimes is less important than not spending any money.

Basically, I am not very good at prognostication (seeing the future).

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but if I could predict the future, I would not be working a regular job.

Regards,

Mike