cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a search help in SRM system. But Want to use that search help in a input field in R/3 system. I hope there should be RFC FM's which can be used to achieve this functionality. Can anyone help..

I am trying F4_SELECT_SEARCH_HELP & F4_SELECT_FROM_SEARCH_HELP.. not successful though...

Thanks

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you will have to create an RFC enabled function module in SRM which will fetch the list to be displayed in the search help.

Now in ECC, the function module can be called from the search help exit of your search help. Also, in the exit you can code such that the list fetched from SRM will be displayed as search help.

Refer the function module F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE to know how to use the search help exit. You can find more examples for exits starting with F4IF_SHLP_EXIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari for your inputs.. But my problem is still around the 1st part of your answer... Which is creating a RFC function module in SRM for fetching the list based on the search help.. I am not sure which FM is the right one which can get me the list based on the search help name.. I tried FM's - F4_SELECT_SEARCH_HELP, F4_SELECT_FROM_SEARCH_HELP in sequence & also F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST..

But I am getting a blank list of records in the former case.. & no records in the latter case...

I feel I am missing some parameters.. Not sure though..

Can you suggest if there is any other FM which can get me the list.. Then I can work on calling the FM from the search help exit in ECC..

Thanks

Geetha