cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help using object value selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing some problem while implemrnting value help for input fields.

Description:

I have 7 input fields on screen. All of them are of same type and needs same input help.

So i created one OVS( object value selector) for all of them.

when i click on F4 help i can see F4 help for all the fields.

But the issue is how to capture the attribute selected on screen for F4 help, so that i can poupulate only that attribute

Like;

field1 field2 field3 field4........... on screen.

if user clicks f4 on field1 and select value from help, then only field1 should be populated.

similarly,

if user clicks f4 on field2 and select value from help, then only field2 should be populated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Creating Ovs for all fields will make application very heavy.

If we could capture the selected attribute on screen like (get_selected_element) it would be easier way to do this. But i am not able to find any method in interfaces to achieve this functionality.

Or

Can we do some workaround to do this.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try ABAP Dictionary Search Help for this purpose: Refer this online help : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/9ef8c99b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

If you are using single OVS for all the input field then they'll all get populated as soon as to use any when OVS because you must have binded same context attribute with all the field and you must have used it in your code. If you want seprate OVS for every field then create attribute and assign different attribute to different field and use as many OVS component in your component as many OVS help you need.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Create OVS for individually for field1, field2, field3...and assign correctly on the context attribute of each field1, field2,field3..

so that when you click F4 on field1, that OVS will trigger and it will populate those values.

if you click F4 on Field2 then that related OVS will trigger and it will populate those related values...so on...

Regards,

Naresh