Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass value between models?

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I use VC 7.0 composer to create dashboards. That include one overview dashboard (model) to show seven KPI in one screen and I also have seven detailed dashboards (models) to show the detail of each KPI. Each dashboard has their own iView . User will only need to pick a plant once at the overview dashboard and I expect the plant value will be passed to other seven detailed dashboards.

Since those dashboards are saved in different models, I just wonder is it possible I can pass the value from the overview dashboard model to the separated detailed dashboard models? The reason I donu2019t put all dashboards in one model because I need to have different reports assigned on the left of the screen for each dashboard in portal. If I need to accomplish this in portal, I believe I need separate iView(model) for each dashboard. Please correct me if I am wrong since I am new to portal development. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to pass values from one model to another model in Visual Composer 7.0 and it is possible only with VC 7.1 CE. You can create more iviews in a single model in VC 7.0.

Regards

Basheer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is possible to pass values between models.

Just creat on "Write-RFC" and one "Read-RFC"

The RFC has just the function to write/read a value into an customer table...

^^ We have tried this scenario and it works perfect.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possibel to pass the values between the models in VC7.0 but you can paas the values between the iview in VC7.0 in the same model.

Govindu