cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Test Failed for SAP R3 System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created one SAP R3 System using SAP System using Dedicated Application Server and enter all the connector properties and User Management properties (using UIDPW). Next I have given Alias name and Added. After that I enter the user name and Password (User Mapping for that user). But finally the Connection Test is failed.

Error message

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Result:

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly.

Any how I created one SAP Transaction iView in Portal and enter the Transaction Code (SE38) and used that failed system. If I preview that iView its showing an error as Host Name has Unknown.

I have checked this also: For the Portal server we enter the R3 server address in the Hosts File and from portal system pinging the R3, and the same way for the R3 server we enter the Portal server address in the Hosts File and from R3 system pinging the Portal server itu2019s connecting.

Iu2019m using IBM AIX server platform.

But I donu2019t any more idea. Please help to achieve this.

Regards

Thillai J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thillai J

Have you given the correct host name (specified by SAPLOCALHOSTFULL or icm/host_name_full in R/3) while creating the iview

Bhudev

shankar_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thillai

have you given given FQHN in connection property.Also chk instance profile (rz10) for host name and message server entries.

best regrds

shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thillai,

Try to set in Portal Server (OS) this.

Include the IP and hostname in file Hosts.

Include the Message Port in file Servers.

Good Luck

Grilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thillai,

Please go through this wiki.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/EP/HowtoConnecttoSAPR3SystemthroughEnterprisePortal7.0Usingan+iView.

Ensure all your properties are set correctly. If the issue persists, copy your properties here.

Regards,

Sandeep Tudumu