cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Export Crystal Report to excel, it flips number signs to negative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Crystal Experts!

When I export my crystal report to Excel from the Crystal Viewer, it flips some number signs to negative. I suspect it's happening because I am using 'Reverse sign for Display' number format option. What can be done to get the matching results in Crystal and in Excel?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

Try to export into Excel Data Only option. This will only take few formatting options from crystal reports.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

I tried this method as well, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks,

Tanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before exporting to Excel Data Only you will be getting options screen. Did you try selecting the option "Export Object Formatting"? Also check the report by exporting to .CSV format.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am in Crystal Viewer I don't see "Export Object Formatting" option.

The options that I see are: Crystal Report, MS Excel, MS Excel (Data Only), Adobe Acrobat, and Rich Text Format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have Crystal Designer in your machine? If so then open the report in Crystal Designer and try exporting to Excel Data only by selecting the option "Export Object Formatting" and see the output. If it gives the desired output then click on file>Export>report export options-->select Excel data only -->select the option Export Object Formatting and save the report that saves these export option. Now try to open the report in Crystal Viewer and check the report by exporting to excel data only.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

When I do this, I only get headers, and no data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavendra,

no matter what I do I get the number signs fliped. The problem is in 'Reverse Sign for Display'. When exporting to excel I am loosing my crystal number formatting.

Thanks,

Tanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

Try to create a formula using Totext() and convert your number to text. This may resolve the issue.

Totext(,"####")

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

This is not a solution because I am reversing the number sign based on a database flag, and do other number formatting based on formulas. This is not a straightforward formatting.

Thanks,

Tatyana.