cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE debugging, REALLY Pain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the NW studio, WAS, Portal, and everything is working OK. HOWEVER, when I try to turn on debugging J2EE application, I am in such PAIIIIN.

1. After I turn on debugging( with the configtool.bat) and restarting the server, I can not deploy my application any more, it tells me I can not create the login instance.

2. start to get Dispatcher running but no server connected message, but sapmmc shows everything is running.

3. start the debugging J2EE application then stop saying can not find executable for file extension = htm. I have to remove the firefox, tickered registry, and it finds IE. I can not use firefox for the thing?

4. after getting through the hurdle of IE, I got this Dispatcher running but no server connected message in the browser. I waited for 4 hours, and it still can't find the server!!! sapmmc shows everything is running.

Please help and give me some clue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once turn off the debugging option and restart the system and then check for the status. Then if it works fine then you can be assured that issue persists when the debugging mode is made available.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a "clean" re-install of netweaver AS and portal, and make sure everything works while debug is off. Now I turned the debug on, some of the problems goes away:

1. After waiting about 15 minutes after the sap console shows everything is runing, I can debug the J2ee application, and step through the jsp, EJB, servlets, etc.

2. HOWEVER, I still can not deploy my application when the debug mode is on. I have to turn off the debug-> re-start the app server-> deploye->turn on the debug->re-start the app server-> ... .

Since restarting appserver took about 40 minutes ( I have 1GB of memory and 4GB of swap and runing the portal) This debuggin process becomes really slow. Are there anything I can do to deploy the application in the server debuging mode ?

Thanks.