cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server 2008 on IIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, About six months ago we upgraded from CR Server XI to CR Server 2008 and at that time I believe we could only install with Apache Tomcat for CMC and InfoView. Before, we ran in IIS and I immediately noticed how slow the page loads were after the upgrade. Is it possible to use IIS again with Crystal Reports Server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The .net feature is not with CR server 2008

only the Java version is avialable with it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhasish, I was only able to find just one other person whom reported slowness, so perhaps this is not an issue with everyone.

Does anyone else have issues with slowness on Apache (or did they and were able to change it to perform better?)

We are running CR Server 2008 on the same server as Apache 5.5.20 and the host box is a Windows Server 2003 SP2 with 3GHz Xeon, and 2GB RAM. It doesn't have any other siginificant application on it besides CR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR server 2008 is much bulky then the XIR2 version.

It has many java process running in the background hence it is slow during the startup

However when the server has been completly booted up and few of the reports have ran on it

the performance improves drastically

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tomcat and IIS are both used by many of our customers and both are very reliable in most cases. The advantage of tomcat is all of our apps can be used with it. I'm hoping they release a CRS version with .net built back in but tomcat is usually just as good. I run them both side by side in XIR2 and 3.1, both perform fine for me in DEV environments.

Regards,

Tim