cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determination for Shipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up a new Partner type that is to be used as address information when we create a Shipment. I have set up the Parnter so if added to the Customer Master, it will default onto the Sales Order, and when the delivery is created, that Partner will show up too. What I am having trouble doing is when I create a Shipment, the new partner does not show up, even though I have set the new type up in Shipment Partner Determination. I do see that when I create a Shipment that the Forwarding Agent does not populate nor does the Carrier on the Partner tab unless I click the Planning button. So, I am wondering is there another place in configuration (configuration for the Planning button on the Shipment) that would need to be done to bring in this new Partner I created? If I look at the partner screen, I can manually add if I want to, but I need it to default if it is on the delivery.

Thanks,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with VT04 . . . we use VT01N to create our Shipments. And, I have no problem with the FwdAgent showing on the Processing Tab of the Shipment, and I have no problem with the Carrier from the Delivery showing on the Partner screen of the Shipment. They copied into the Shipment after I click the Planning button, and I am okay with that. I created a new partner which is to be used as an Alternative Address for the BOL, and I would like this to default onto the Shipment, if it is on the Delivery. At this time, it is on the Delivery. To get the Alternative Address Partner to show on the Shipment are you saying I would have to change the copy control in 0TVK? Right now we use 9 for Standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VT04 transaction and the Variants to be maintained with Grouping criteria.

you need to maintain cpoying routine for the shipment docu type to get forwarding agents in your screen..

Next 0VTK transaction

go to copy routine in the proposal tab maintain your cusomized routine or routine 1

Now you create the collective shipment with that variant(Grouping Criteria variant)

and check

regards,

A S