SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Prices for Same Article.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would like to take your suggestion please.

My Client has procured an XYZ Article from one Vendor at a price of 50 Rupess Quantity 500.

After few days the same article XYZ rate has supplied from another vendor at still lower price of Rupees 45.

When the article needs to be sell my client wants the respective article of there respective prices should be sold with same mark-up Price.

1) How to predict the article XYZ which has bought first with an Value 50 rupees ?

2) How to predict the same article XYZ which has bought for rupees 45 ?

3) How to maintain different Prices for Same Article ? that should be farwarded to sales also ?

Best Regards

Javeed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

First a question for you, how do you want to value the article? As in do you want to mix the inventory and their costs i.e. using a moving average price for the article? We use split valuation as described in promortion management to hold the inventory from different vendors in the same article, but in different valaution types. This does add the complexity of specifying the valuation type when moving the inventory around. But by doing that, we can see the different purchase prices and use that to calculate the different retails.

Thanks

Lon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

First a question for you, how do you want to value the article? As in do you want to mix the inventory and their costs i.e. using a moving average price for the article? We use split valuation as described in promortion management to hold the inventory from different vendors in the same article, but in different valaution types. This does add the complexity of specifying the valuation type when moving the inventory around. But by doing that, we can see the different purchase prices and use that to calculate the different retails.

Thanks

Lon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be done by split valuation......

Go through following links

http://www.sapficoconsultant.com/Bonus/Split%20Valuation%20configuration.pdf

Regards

Vijai jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can maintain different prices for articles either by creating batches or maintaining EAN wise Sales price . i would not suggest split valuation in IS Retail

Regards..

Jonk