Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display only columns in schedule as in BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am on BPC 7.0NW

For all those who have worked on BPS or IP earlier will understand this better -

My requirement is, when I am planning in January, I should be able to enter data in all the periods.

When I move to February, my January is locked, so I should be able to enter data only in Feb-Dec.

In March, Jan and Feb are locked, so I should be able to enter data only from March-Dec.

In short, the concept of Open periods and CLosed periods in BPS.

How do we achieve that in BPC?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anand

There is no data slice concept in SAP BPC. But in the templates (Excel), you can lock cells based on a property. So for example, in time dimension, have a property, lets say TYPE, which will be populated as ACTUAL/BUDGET/FORECAST. So if you are forecasting and are in Feb, your Jan month will have this property as ACTUAL while for rest of the months it will be FORECAST.

Now in excel templates, in the formatting section, use the LOCK option and use the criteria, TIME.TYPE = "ACTUAL".

The only downside is you have to define this for each template you build. You can even adopt formatting options from a master template that you might have defined for the company.

Thanks,

Ameya Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ameya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be archived using work Status.

Thanks,