cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we convert a T-Code into WebService.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SOA Gurus,

Can you please tell me if there is a way to convert a SAP T-Code into a Web-Service. Also, can you please share your thoughts on how I can convert an ABAP report into a WebService and call it from Java stack.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your requirement is to view a tcode from external system you can try SICF, the webservices will be availble under BC-> SOAP in this transaction but you can also crete nodes under BC->GUI where a tcode can be exposed directly to external systems.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your requirement. Olivier is right though - there's no direct realtionship or conversion tool. However, if you are just trying to obtain the data that a particular custom transaction or report provides without rewriting the logic, you can wrap the report or transaction call in a function module and hand-off the data through ABAP memory to the function module interface. Then, convert the function module or group to a web service. I do this most often with monster reports that generate PDF's. Instead of actually rendering the PDF on the desktop as the report would do from SAP, I push the binary data to an external application which opens the PDF in a browser window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you realise that there is no relationship between a SAP transaction or a SAP report and a web service ? So your question has very little meaning for me...

With a big simplification, think of a web service as a way to call a function module through HTTP instead of RFC.

Regards,

Olivier