Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Codes for Transfer Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to print the BAR CODE for transfer order using BARCLVS.

<BC>&RLDRU-TALGN&</> eg: TALGN holds 0000000158201.

But when i scan it i should get the transferorder number and press tab or enter and i should get warehouse number.

Is there any other bar code with which i can do this.

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, it really depends on the scanner itself. Most scanners allow you to configure an "Auto-Enter". Where when a barcode is scanned, the scanner automatically hits ENTER. In all of our programs and scanners this is the case. The user scans the barcode, the auto-enter hits enter which triggers a PAI on the application side. I get some data specific to the barcode scanned and bring back the data to the screen. What scanner devices are you using. Is it ok to hit Enter as opposed to TAB. If you need to TAB to the next field, you will still need to trigger a PAI by hitting enter or using the Auto-enter, you can handle the TAB in the ABAP program itself, but using GET CURSOR and SET CURSOR, but if you are using a standard SAP program, it may be an issue, since you would have to hack it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

10 REPLIES 10

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, it really depends on the scanner itself. Most scanners allow you to configure an "Auto-Enter". Where when a barcode is scanned, the scanner automatically hits ENTER. In all of our programs and scanners this is the case. The user scans the barcode, the auto-enter hits enter which triggers a PAI on the application side. I get some data specific to the barcode scanned and bring back the data to the screen. What scanner devices are you using. Is it ok to hit Enter as opposed to TAB. If you need to TAB to the next field, you will still need to trigger a PAI by hitting enter or using the Auto-enter, you can handle the TAB in the ABAP program itself, but using GET CURSOR and SET CURSOR, but if you are using a standard SAP program, it may be an issue, since you would have to hack it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its ok to hit enter..the user wants either tab or enter.I greatly appreciate your feedback.

But do i have to do anything in the bar code like

this <BC>&RLDRU-TANUM&</><BC>,,</><BC>&LTAK-LGNUM&</>

or anything.

0 Kudos

No, nothing in the barcode, just some config in the scanner. What scanners are you using to scan the barcode?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi,

The model name is Symbol.

Its the laser light scanner.

0 Kudos

Is this a keyboard attachement(wedge) or wireless terminal. Symbol is the brand, what is the model.

Please make sure to award points for any helpful answers that you might recieve and mark your post as solved when solved completely. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Heilman,

Yes, the scanner is attached to the mouse port.

0 Kudos

Ok, then the scanner should have come with some guide of user manual or guide or something. In this guide there should be some configuration barcodes. Maybe something that says postamble. What is the model of the scanner, I can check out the Symbol website for some documentations. We use intermec, and they are configuarable, where we can specify that the scanner hits ENTER after it scans a barcode.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Heilman,

The model is Symbol LS 2208 Scanner.

More info is here http://www.pointofsaleinc.com/pdf/Symbol/ls2200.pdf.

I looked up in the website and couldn't find more information.I'll grealty appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Heilman,

The model is Symbol LS 2208 Scanner.

More info is here http://www.pointofsaleinc.com/pdf/Symbol/ls2200.pdf.

I looked up in the website and couldn't find more information.I'll grealty appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll appreciate if anyone can tell me how

to go about this auto enter functionality.

Can we do with a special character.

Thanks,

Rao