cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Procurement - Using Vendor Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have configuration set up in the system for a standard vendor 3rd party drop ship process. Where sales orders generate purchase requisitions, apply account assignments and purchase orders are created, driven by purchase requisitions/delivery schedules. The only requirements in MD04/Planning are the requisitions no demand is passed to MRP. The schedule line item category configuration is strictly for external procurement thus no demand is transferred to MRP. The vendor we are dealing with has requested that we use their forecast to enter sales orders against. Right now the system is appears to not even do an availability check. Even though we assigned our standard checking rule that we use for our in house production. It is simply confirming everything as long as the delivery date is today or greater. We are looking for a standard solution here. We need to maintain the schedule line relationship between Sales Order -> Purchase Requisition. We also want to adhere to our vendors request and do an ATP check to include their forecast when entering sales orders. Their forecast could be entered by material into S&OP and get transferred to MRP creating a planned order (even if we just used planned orders in MRP). I am looking for any thoughts or ideas pertaining to this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Option-1

Create a scheduling agreement with Customer. Same way create Scheduling agreement with Vendor. Maintain source list for the material to be procured with scheduling agreement and MRP relevent indicator 2. Then enter the schedule changes given by customer is sales order shceduling agreement and run MRP (MRP type for that material should be PD). It creates or changes schedule lines instead of creating PRs.

Option-2I

f you want to use Customer forecast in your system then you need to have a interface with customer system and you need to treat that customer location as a plant. It will be complicated.

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks we are using a strategy similar to option one in a current process we have for in house production where we procure some components from a vendor and produce some internally i.e. Mixed Procurement. So thanks for your insight. We are working on a solution using the quota arrangements similar to our mixed procurement strategy.