cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find filesystem free space on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis Gurus,

We have an SAP system on Windows and database SQLServer.

It seems from system--> status that the database and central instance are on different hosts.

In ST06-->snapshot analysis 'Filesys' , I am able to see only the 'C' drive and not the drive on which the database files are located.

When I click on the 'Filesystem Monitor', it shows only the 'C' drive in green.

How can I see the other drives as well in ST06?

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your database server is dedicated and different from the CI server, it is not possible to use ST06 to check the file systems status.

however, if you do the needed configuration, it is possible to use transaction OS07, select the RFC destination corresponding to your database server and get the same display from ST06.

If I remember correctly (did that a few years ago), you need SAPOSCOL and a standalone gateway running on the database server. Check the documentation and/or OSS notes !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your inputs.

I would like to add that in ST06>details analysis>Hardware Info, I am able to find some information about the disks, but problem is that this shows an altogether different hostname which is different from the one with CI or DB!!

So, now I am confused that whether the disk space it is showing in Hardware Info, are those disks for the same SAP system or shared between SAP systems??

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

>I would like to add that in ST06>details analysis>Hardware Info, I am able to find some information >about the disks, but problem is that this shows an altogether different hostname which is different from >the one with CI or DB!!

Are yo usure that your sapgui is connected to the CI and not a dialog instance ?

Check with SM51 if the hostname you get, is one of the DIA instance.

Don't forget that ST06 is a hardware host local transaction...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The host it is showing in SM51 is that of CI, there is no dialog instance.

Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that the host seen in hardware info from ST06 is neither the CI or a DI ?

Maybe it's a DNS alias of the same server ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the corresponding entry for database host is not present in OS07, how can we create it?

Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact, you have to install SAPOSCOL, rfcoscol.exe and a standalone gateway on you database server.

Then you create an RFC destination (type TCP/IP) with sm59.

For example, you can call it SAPOSCOL_DBHOST

The activation type is "Start on Explicit Host"

The Program is " <drive>: \<path>\rfccol.exe"

Target Host : "<dbhost>

Gateway Host : "<dbhost>"

Gateway service "sapgw<xx>" <xx> is the system number of the standalone gateway.

You can then choose this RFC destination in OS07.

Regards,

Olivier