cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SOAP header attribute as message ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Can PI use a field in SOAP Headers section as message ID for that session when it receives a SOAP message from a client WS, assuming the message ID in the field is in the correct format?

I know that message ID can be set by using dynamic urls, but this is more development effort than using header attributes on client implementations.

I would also like to know if sender WS's can set the message IDs in any other ways.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender SOAP adapter sets the message ID during the processing, and that cannot be changed after once set. So the only way to do this is by using the HTTP query string.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I would also like to know if sender WS's can set the message IDs in any other ways.

Check if the XHeaderName1parameter from this link can be configured in a mapping UDF for storing the message ID:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

you can also take the help of below UDF to set the message ID:

java.util.Map map = container.getTransformationParameters();
String MSGID = (String)map.get(StreamTransformationConstants.MESSAGE_ID);
return MSGID;

the above UDF will help you get a Message ID for a particular message processing.

P.N.: i have not implemented both of the above methods in one UDF (though separately in diff mappings)

just that i think of this method.....so thought of suggesting

regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 11, 2009 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure we can set the message ID this way? I think this is only for reading the message ID, you should not be allowed to change it after it has been set once, this is against EO policy.

I'm trying to find a default option where I do not have to define mappings & extra developments just to set message ID or queue ID for SOAP adapter.

Regards,

Gökhan

Edited by: S. Gökhan Topçu on May 11, 2009 3:58 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure we can set the message ID this way?

We cannot set the message ID....we can only get it by the above method and then put it in the message header....i mentioned it below the UDF

the above UDF will help you get a Message ID for a particular message processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input, but the links are irrelevant. Please check my question again.

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have not found any solution, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

Hope this thread may help you :

as well as :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/dc/c5223d78cb752de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Madhu

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer This Link....It will be very usefull...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/changeInboundProxy+status

Thanks.