cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciding on Sales Offices in an enterprise structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I need guidance in plotting the Sales offices for a company. In the current scenario. the company follows the hierarchy.

Corporate Office -> Zonal Offices -> Regional Offices -> District Offices -> Employee Groups

The order booking is done at each district office by employees and the same are summed up at the next higher level. For ex: details for total booking at Regional office or Zonal Office or Corporate Office can be taken out.

Apart from order booking at District Office, some sales can be booked directly at Corporate office also.

I need to define the organization structure with regards to sales offices for this. I have kept one sales organization as 1000 and been thinking to put each district office and any other office where sales is booked ( for ex: corporate office) in the current scenario as sales office in SAP. But if i do that, i will not have a way to map the hierarchy and take the order booking details for different district offices under one regional office and then all regional office under one zonal office and so on.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Corporate Office -> Zonal Offices -> Regional Offices -> District Offices -> Employee Groups

You can represent the each of the parameters in SAP as follows.

Corporate Office--> Sales Org can be reprensented for the sales wrt the company.

Zonal Offices --> Divsion

Regional Offices --> Sales office

District Offices --> Sales District ( This can be assigned in Customer master Sales Tab)

Employee Groups--> Sales Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I already have an enterprise structure in place for Sales Org, Distribution Channel and Division representing the products being sold and the channels through which these are being sold.

I have to account for the following structure in deciding my sales offices

Corporate Sales Office -> Zonal Sales Offices -> Regional Sales Offices -> District Sales Offices -> Employee Groups

I understand that the offices which are used to book sales are taken as sales offices in SAP. For the company the orders can be booked at district offices, or directly at regional offices or sometimes directly at corporate office.

Now if i take each office where sales is booked (irrespective of whether its a district office/regional office/corporate office for the company), i will loose the hierarchy that these entities have in real life scenario. In SAP this will be a flat structure.

I want to check if my approach in establishing sales office is right. If yes, then is there a way in SAP SD to maintain this hierarchy of offices also.

Answers (0)