Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project coding mask

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I have an issue with coding mas. My current coding mask is SAP-000.000.000.

There are projects existin in the sytem using the same coding mask. I have bee requested to change the above to SAP-0000.0000.0000.

I tried changing the projects to Q-0000..0000.0000 and then tried deleting the old coding mask.System doesnt allow this either. Besides this no PO or PR exist for any of the precious projects.

So What could be the solution to this. I read somewhere that i should close and achive all my projects and only then i can delete my old coding mask and then change the same.

Is there any other possible solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi I request you go to through for the Porject coding maks do & don't ..

Regards

Nitin P.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I got the points. According to that i have only one option that i should delete the projects but i believe system wont allow me to delete the projects as max projects are processed. is there any way we can delete the projects . i am doing it in dev server now.

Sincerly

abhishek

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is not actual cost /commitment is not than you can directly dleete from the porject builder via right cliet delete option. which will delete from datab ase as well. check in your system.

If actual cost is there than ti would be very much tough task.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check SAP note:421212.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is not necessary to delete the project/wbs elements

what you do is the following:

create coding mask for example SSS-000.000.000

rename ALL project def and WBS elements from SAP.000.000.000 to the newly created SSS.000.000.000.

use CN42N and and CN43N and search SAP* for all PROJ Def and WBS elements....

change all proj def and WBS elements manually (you can use copy/paste for WBS elements, its not too tedious)...

when ALL proj def and WBS elements have been changed (verify in CN42N and CN43N that no more using SAP.000.000.000 coding mask exist) you can now delete the coding mask...

i did the above procedure already. if not too many existing then it wouldnt be too difficult...

regards..

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I tried the same thing. Its not working. when i change the wbs name the i can see that coding mask is not there its become empty in wbs. but when i was going to delete the coding mask still the msg is same. i couldnt delete the coding mask.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes coding mask cannot be deleted directly.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

so what is the possible solution for this still we are in testing mode and we have to correct it before go live.

sincerly

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The coding masks are bit complicated. The only way I see is delete your old mask i.e. SAP-000.000.000 (during this time the system will give error that Proj exists, but will allow to delete) then save and come out of transaction. Now once again go inside and define the new mask i.e. SAP-0000.0000.0000 and save. What will happen is the system will change the exsisting proj as per new coding mask by including additional zero. But however the new proj will be created as per new mask.

Since you are saying that this is not a prodn environment, u can do this. But however the old proj might mess up.

If it is possible (i.e. if client agrees) define a complete new mask with new key instead of SAP.

This is not a concrete soln, but might be of some help.

Thanks

Sarang

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

No sarang its not allowing me to delete its giving message "Projects/WBS elements with the editing ma

still exist" and after that giving pop up " Number of deleted entries: 0". so i m not able to change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

It is difficult to change the coding mask once you have created the projects .

If you have separate Golden client and a sandbox then it is easy .If you have created the projects in sandbox then don't worry create the correct Mask in golden client which will be transported to Quality server and then Prod server.If you have done in golden client then try to delete the projects you have create from the database ,ask help from your ABABer may be then you can work....

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am also feeling the same. Is there any solution like we clsd all the projects and after that archieve. after that system will allow to change the coding mask or not. also i read that we should not transport the coding mask. we should create them manually on every system (source: sap press).

Sincerly,

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

I am not sure about archiving.

I will say that if you are in Sandbox then no need to worry, just create the correct mask in Golden client.

Regards,

Muzamil