Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am trying to get roles by particular transaction through SUIM then sometimes i am getting message " NO roles found " but when I am going to SUIM -->Roles by authorizations values and then entering Authoization object : S_TCODE and that particular transcation then I am getting roles ...

Whats the basic cause of this...Can somebody please help me in this case ..?

Regards

Vikas

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Whats the basic cause of this...

The tcode cannot be found in the role menu. That's it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikas,

The main reason behind this kind of behaviour in your system is that the t-codes being manually added under the object S_TCODE instead of adding in the role menu.

When you search for the roles in SUIM by a particular transaction, the system checks for the role menu entries. As the t-code has not been assigned under the menu, it is showing as "No Roles found". But when you check by giving the t-code value for the S_TCODE object it will give a list of roles as the t-code is directly added under the object.

However it is not recommended to add the t-codes manually under S_TCODE.

Regards,

0 Kudos

> The main reason behind this kind of behaviour in your system is that the t-codes being manually added under the object S_TCODE instead of adding in the role menu.

This isn't always the case. Some transactions have other TCODES in their SU24 proposal values. So you can have tcodes in S_TCODE which are not in the menu but were still added automatically.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurjen for pointing out. I have missed this point.:-)

Regards,